Gransnet forums

Games

Monday's ^gentle^ brain teaser, it will leave you ^square eyed^. ??????

(105 Posts)
Marydoll Mon 06-Apr-20 08:11:22

Good morning virtual pupils, here is today's problem. No I don't mean those troublemakers, Gilly and Doodle! wink.
Many years ago, I had to lie flat for a couple of hours, whilst having a full body scan done. I passed the time, counting how many squares were on the ceiling. ?
The difficulty is that four square ceiling tiles together make one large square, so I kept losing count. The radiographer thought I was mad.
That was a hint to the solution, by the way. wink

willa45 Mon 06-Apr-20 20:38:34

Callistemon,
Such a drain!.....Don't know how bad it is in UK, but around here you either lose a morning or an entire afternoon......at least three hours in a waiting room full of people either waiting to go in or waiting for those annoying eye drops to take hold. When they called to cancel my (Mar. 17) appointment, I was so happy!

Callistemon Mon 06-Apr-20 20:43:07

I never think I say clearer, better or worse at the right time, consequently my specs are rarely satisfactory!

'Is that better with the lens
Or without the lens'?

'I dunno really, could be either'

Marydoll Mon 06-Apr-20 20:52:02

I'm asking for a transfer to another school, you ggggirrrrrrllllllssss will be the death of me! ??

For all those who need new specs, my DIL, an optician will come in and deal with you all. NO-one and I mean No-one is getting out of MY maths class! ?.

No Wila, you are not having designer glasses!
No Doodle, you can't have Elton John glasses!
As for you Callistemon, you won't notice the difference anyway, so a pair of 1960s NHS for will do for you.

Doodle Mon 06-Apr-20 21:49:36

Oh Miss you are a spoil sport. ?