Gransnet forums

Games

Monday's Maths: Miss MaryDoll's, Machiavellian, Monumental, Mystifying, Mysterious, Maths Machinations.

(57 Posts)
Marydoll Mon 20-Apr-20 09:44:02

Good morning all, ready for home schooling?

Just to let you know, the inspectors will be making random home visits, to make sure you are all where you say you are. (Particularly Doodle (boys' toilets), Chewy, (the Alphabet Bar,) Pantglas, (anywhere, but home) and Castillemon, (who can't be trusted!) Wila can do what she likes, as we can't visit! (Apart from the spy camera wink )

I bet Bathsheba is the first with the solution. wink
trisher, I'm relying on you to keep order, as the supply teacher, Miss aquagran, will be checking up!

To help you solve today's puzzle, I have given a list of prime and square numbers.

1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36, 49, 64, 81, 100, 121, 144, and so on, are all square numbers.
1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 37, 41, 43, 47, 53, 59, 61, 67, 71, 73, 79, 83, 89, 97, 101, are prime numbers.

Sorry about the poor quality of the puzzle, just click to enlarge.

Chewbacca Mon 20-Apr-20 23:46:11

? BEARDED DRAGON!!! We're screwed Doodle! She's terribly strict and fierce and always dead mad at us; even worser than Miss Marydoll heaven forbid. I've just remembered that I've got a very important secret mission to go to tomorrow and I don't think I'll be able to come in afterall.

Doodle Mon 20-Apr-20 23:35:22

But it is bearded dragon chewy. pantglas said you weren’t scared of her but now I’m not too sure. ?
You can tell me your secret plan....I won’t tell anyone else honest ?

Chewbacca Mon 20-Apr-20 21:29:52

I've been working on a secret project for the secret service and it's a secret Doodle. Who's taking class tomorrow? So long as it's not bearded dragon we'll be fine! wink Of course I'll look after you and Pantglas, cos you is my mates, innit?

Doodle Mon 20-Apr-20 21:09:18

chewy ? hee hee. Wot you been up to? Did you see who’s taking class tomorrow.? pantglas said you’d look after us all.

Chewbacca Mon 20-Apr-20 20:49:07

Don't tell but I've been playing hookey all day today and I've done nuffink for my scool work AT ALL and I don't care, so there! grin You won't tell Miss will you? ?

Doodle Mon 20-Apr-20 20:42:44

Oh that’s alrite then. I’ll stand behind all the rest of you and she won’t see me ?.

Pantglas2 Mon 20-Apr-20 20:31:36

Don’t be such a scaredy-cat Doodle! I’m not scared of dragons cos I’m Welsh an we have one on our flag ???????

‘Sides, Chewbacca will see her off cos she’s Welsh and brave - and I’ll be right beside behind her, being just as .....um, erm daft!

Doodle Mon 20-Apr-20 20:04:03

Gulp! Oh Miss she’s a big lady. She looks a bit timidating.
Everyone we better be on our best havior tomorrow. I’m going to study all nite so I do good in class ?

Marydoll Mon 20-Apr-20 19:49:28

Oh class, what is going on here?

Did the supply teacher not turn up? You must have scared her off.
The new girl must have been traumatised by all the shenanigans and seeing pantglas' knickers. ?

Did you get any work done at all?

This is the last straw, I see willa has been dragged into this den of iniquity. What am I going to do?

I'm sending my sister tomorrow to take the class. If you think I'm scary, wait until you meet her!!! They don't call her the Bearded Dragon for nothing!
There will be no ?today! ?

PS, the answer is 46 .

trisher Mon 20-Apr-20 19:41:24

I was very upset willa so I went and sulked in the loos but boys kept knocking on the door and askin if I was Doodle an when I said I wasn't they asked if I wanted to play a game with them an could they see my knickers. So I had to come out. And now I've lost my pencil again and I still haven't got an answer.
Anyway I forgive you willa
Doodle my big brother says norty words sometimes our mum says he needs his mouth washed out with soap.

willa45 Mon 20-Apr-20 17:11:00

Now now Pantglas!.....Don't get your knickers in an uproar. You'll scare the new girl!

Here, have my last gummy bear....(I only licked it once). Peace

Squiffy Mon 20-Apr-20 17:00:27

Pantglas wot you insinuating? Pole climbing is my speshiality and my knickers were my best ones in case of a axident.

willa45 Mon 20-Apr-20 16:58:28

Trisher, I didn't forget to include you.....your name was right next to Squiffy's and somehow got cut out when I did some editing.

Missedout......Trisher holds the record for losing the most pencils grin

Doodle Mon 20-Apr-20 16:52:44

miss I bet you never thought your class would end up like this when you started it did you? ?

Pantglas2 Mon 20-Apr-20 16:51:52

How very dare you willa!

Casting nasturtiums bout my rescuin the school cat from top of the telegraph pole! I was showing my nitiative agen woznt I! Not my knickers like what squiffy woz doin on her pole!

Doodle Mon 20-Apr-20 16:51:20

And willa is always late but she’s aloud coz she lives a long way away and the busses don’t get here on time.
Do you like our school missedout. You’ve been very genrus wit your sweeties. I like you ?

Doodle Mon 20-Apr-20 16:48:23

trisher I heard that!?. I’m a good girl I am. You tell em Miss it’s not me whose got bisexual glasses And orgasmic things and nits. It’s that pantglas. She probably writ the rude words. trisher how do you know what norty words are??

willa45 Mon 20-Apr-20 16:43:12

Hey everybody....the new girl is handing out gummy bears!

Hi, I'm Willa......Miss said to do your 'orientation', so can I have some gummy bears too? This is Calistemon, she has another name too, but I'll let her introduce herself. The one over there doing the pole dance is Pantglass. She's being very naughty today......she can't say hello because she ate all the chocolate and Miss won't let her talk with her mouth full.

Doodle, Squiffy and Bathsheba are also very smart, but they're always squabbling over sweeties and losing their pencils. Doodle has an entire collection...she keeps them in her gorgeous, tuft tassled, zebra striped pencil case..... so now you know where to go if you forget yours, but be sure to offer her a sweetie, otherwise you could be stabbed with a pencil!

Oops got carried away again!....I almost forgot to hand in my homework:

So many numbers to eliminate, but in the end I was left with (drumroll) ....
and the winner is number 46!

trisher Mon 20-Apr-20 16:35:58

It was probably Doodle she knows all sorts of stuff.

Callistemon Mon 20-Apr-20 16:30:31

I don't know no norty words so it weren't me.

Nor tell fibs.

trisher Mon 20-Apr-20 16:27:59

Callie was it you chalked them naughty words near the gate? Missedout's got the sweeties if Pantglas hasn't gobbled them all!

Callistemon Mon 20-Apr-20 15:46:22

I was first and I've been playing outside since, chalking all over the playground.

Have I missed sweetie time?

Pantglas2 Mon 20-Apr-20 15:07:29

Miss - are you sure you didn’t majin those spectors? I haven’t seen em and I’ve got my bisexual glasses ? on! They’re really good for bobbin your head up and down and seeing what’s on your top lip and what’s miles far away!

Praps you could get some variegated ones and you wouldn’t have to do the head bobbin but would see all the nortiness - you said you needed eyes in the back of your head!

Missedout Mon 20-Apr-20 14:43:13

Are they nicer than gummy bears?

trisher Mon 20-Apr-20 14:38:34

Watch out Missedout that Pantglas has got nitiatives.