Gransnet forums

Games

Friday’s Maths: Finally, MissMaryDoll’s Feeling Fantastic and in Fine Fettle, with a Fractionless, Factorless Futility

(65 Posts)
Marydoll Fri 24-Apr-20 08:31:32

Good morning class, oh how I missed you all yesterday. Don't tell anyone or they will think I've gone soft in the head

Firstly my deepest thanks to Miss Sheba for deputising yesterday, she did a fantastic job. It was so kind of her to take on the mantle when I was drunk ill yesterday.

Today's Question

It is reasonably simple, I'm saving the difficult one for tomorrow. winkThere are a couple of possibilities, it may involve BODMAS or brackets, or both. Do your worst. wink

PS: Who has been in my bottom drawer? My gin water bottle has disappeared! ?

Marydoll Fri 24-Apr-20 11:04:39

Pantglas, ? I'm so proud of you, you were the first to get the correct answer to the second one.
Bathsheba ? wasn't far behind you and as Depute Head, I wouldn't expect anything less! grin

JenniferEccles, I'm not sure what your answer is. Do I have to solve your puzzle?

Anyway, my hair has dried in and I now look like a wild witch. Too many distractions. I will be back later!

Bathsheba Fri 24-Apr-20 12:12:00

Miss, Miss, can we have a photo please? Of you looking like a wild witch? shock

Marydoll Fri 24-Apr-20 12:16:23

Asolutely not! I've just been online, looking for thining scissors.
I usually get it cut every five weeks, as it's so thick. sad

JenniferEccles Fri 24-Apr-20 12:49:14

Sorry my answer was obviously wrong! It was a long shot.
Ignore me!

Bathsheba Fri 24-Apr-20 13:00:05

that supply teacher MissSheba went home and locked me in the classroom

Oi gillybob! You know, and I know you know, and you know that I know you know, that it was the cleaners what locked you in last night! Stop trying to get me in trouble! I even told you where all Miss Doll's secret food stash was AND another bottle of gin!

Cor you don't half find out who your friends are angry

Pantglas2 Fri 24-Apr-20 13:10:57

I’ve bin polishing my Gold Star ? from Miss and all my gazillions of bajs and I am not nakid Doodle coz i don werr em all atwonce, silly!

I put the proppa baj on for the proppa job don eye! Obvs!
Frinstans, I bin making cards in the Farts and Faffs room all mornin so I’ve had my Crafty Monitor baj on!

Doodle Fri 24-Apr-20 13:27:50

Oh ? awl rite then. Miss I’m bettr at crafts than sums. I can’t do numer 2 I’ll need to get my boyfen to do it ?

gillybob Fri 24-Apr-20 13:29:38

Sorry MissSheba I just panict whenMissDoll asked who’d made all the mess and let the stick insects out . Pleeees be me friend again . I’ll show you summick what ah found if ya want ?

Doodle Fri 24-Apr-20 13:32:08

blush I so stupid. I showded my boyfren and he got it in 1 second. miss I betr ave the dunce baj pantglas won’t want that one ?

JoyBloggs Fri 24-Apr-20 14:30:40

PMd answer to first one. Seemed to work ok but not sure I've written it out properly. I know a bit about BODYMASS, but not so much about this BODMAS stuff...

Marydoll Fri 24-Apr-20 14:34:10

Trying to give JoyBloggs a gold star, but my phone won't do it. Back later.

downtoearth Fri 24-Apr-20 14:56:11

Is number 2 answer reverse

Bathsheba Fri 24-Apr-20 15:32:48

Aw OK then gilly, I forgive you. I can understand why you panicked. You can sit next to me at dinner tomorrow if you like and I can sneak bits off your plate while you're not looking

Go on then, what have you found?

gillybob Fri 24-Apr-20 15:35:48

Don’t tell MissDoll that we seen it but I found this on the wall behind the boxes of crayons . The page for February was quite tatty for some reason .

Bathsheba Fri 24-Apr-20 15:54:07

Oh. My. God. Bring it with you to dinner tomorrow so I can see the February page. My friend's brother wore a kilt once to a party and said all the girls could look up his kilt if they paid him two and six. He got so much money, which he put in his sporran. Well at least, that's what he said was in his sporran, but I think there was something else making it bulge out a bit, cos there weren't that many girls there really.

I didn't have any money so I wasn't allowed to look. All my friends said he had no pants on shockshockshock.

But actually I didn't believe them, they were just saying that cos I hadn't been allowed a look.

willa45 Fri 24-Apr-20 16:09:17

Here I am!
Welcome back Miss Doll! Yesterday was a busy day and Miss Sheba shared a delicious cake! I got to cut it so I left a piece left for you in the bottom drawer but maybe not, since Gilly was trapped in there last night and she might have needed some sustenance. Love coming to this class, especially when there's plenty of booze goodies to be had.

(4+4) - (4/4) =7

willa45 Fri 24-Apr-20 16:13:58

Aww shucks! Gilly and Bathsheba, I always miss the good stuff!

Pantglas2 Fri 24-Apr-20 17:15:17

Well I’m sgusted with that hussy Gillybob an I shall be tellin Miss bout her lwss moryls!

I’ll ave to nick confiscate that colander cos I’m the Genteel Laydees Monitor (sanother baj ?) an I know Miss will be cwoss with them rood storeys wot Bathsheba told!

Callistemon Fri 24-Apr-20 18:45:23

No 2 -
reverse
I had to ask DH. My reverse is on the other side grin

No 1
(4+4) - (4÷4) = 7

gillybob Fri 24-Apr-20 18:49:21

I don’t get that number 2 Calli . reverse? hmm

Callistemon Fri 24-Apr-20 19:06:19

Well, the answer could be 6

It is 6 in my car and reverse is further over to the left

Callistemon Fri 24-Apr-20 19:07:00

Yeah!!

Six

Marydoll Fri 24-Apr-20 19:52:02

Well class, what on earth is going on! ?
I was held up at the off licence a meeting, sorry I'm late.

Where did that disgusting picture of that bare chested man in a skirt come from. blush. That must have been that supply teacher yesterday! He seems to be wearing a very large animal on his waist. wink

Question 1
EXPLANATION: Just a reminder that as per the order of operations in mathematics, the division operator is resolved before the addition and subtraction operators.

(4+4) – (4÷4) or 4- (4÷4) +4

Question 2

ANSWER: The letter R.

EXPLANATION: This is a common layout of a gear stick for a 5-speed manual transmission car.
I did say, the answer wasn't 6.

Myrtle, don't be picky, we don't all own six gear cars. sad

Marydoll Fri 24-Apr-20 19:57:31

As a reward, I have left you all a square of millionaire's shortbread.
An extra piece for all those who didn't post the answers, so that others could have a go.
I have to say, it is pretty good!

Tomorrow's question is definitely harder, but I know you can do it.
Night, night class.
No going out on the razzle tonight, ?????you have extra school tomorrow, to make up for all the lost time this week, due to BAD behaviour.

Doodle Fri 24-Apr-20 20:09:30

Ooh. Miss that looks yummy.

bathsheba I looked up his kilt but it was dark an I didn see nufink. It was a waist of muney.
pantglas I fought you said you was confiscating the picture coz it was rude. If it’s rude, why ave you pinned it up in yor locker? ?