Gransnet forums

Games

Friday’s Maths: Finally, MissMaryDoll’s Feeling Fantastic and in Fine Fettle, with a Fractionless, Factorless Futility

(64 Posts)
Marydoll Fri 24-Apr-20 08:31:32

Good morning class, oh how I missed you all yesterday. Don't tell anyone or they will think I've gone soft in the head

Firstly my deepest thanks to Miss Sheba for deputising yesterday, she did a fantastic job. It was so kind of her to take on the mantle when I was drunk ill yesterday.

Today's Question

It is reasonably simple, I'm saving the difficult one for tomorrow. winkThere are a couple of possibilities, it may involve BODMAS or brackets, or both. Do your worst. wink

PS: Who has been in my bottom drawer? My gin water bottle has disappeared! ?

Pantglas2 Fri 24-Apr-20 08:40:30

Mea cuppa Miss! I woz gardin your drawers like I pwomist then fought I’d see sactly wot woz so speshul bout Bombay Saffyre! Now I know......it’s the angova?

Ave to reeport that norty Gillybob woz ere all nite locked in - lawd knows wot she’s bin up to - she’ll need detenshun and 100 lines, won’t she? Shall I be Detenshun Monitor .....it’ll mean nother baj!

Bathsheba Fri 24-Apr-20 08:47:46

Sorry Miss, I may have given Gillybob permission to drink your gin blush, but it was because she got locked in the classroom last night and I felt sorry for her sad. I think you'll find your secret stash of snacks in the stationery cupboard is missing too blush.

However, on the plus side you're back! YAY! I did get a bit stressed yesterday trying to keep this lot in order. No wonder you needed a day off to drink recover.

I have worked out how to do this Miss - shall I write it down? I'm worried though, cos the other lot might see it and copy my answer hmm

Marydoll Fri 24-Apr-20 09:01:00

Bathsheba, that's a tricky one.
Would a PM work and then I could confirm or is that too much of a faff for everyone?

gillybob Fri 24-Apr-20 09:01:28

Thank goodness you’re back MissDoll that supply teacher MissSheba went home and locked me in the classroom . Sorry I ate the cake and the biscuits and the crisps and sweets (blimey Miss you didn’t ‘alf have a stash ) . Thank goodness Doodle came and got me out . Sorry about letting the stick insects out .....I was bored .
Sweet...butter wouldn’t melt smile

Bathsheba Fri 24-Apr-20 09:12:41

Yes! I'll pm you Miss smile

gillybob Fri 24-Apr-20 09:18:45

I’ve PM’d too . Hope you can understand my workings out Miss I couldn’t find the adds and the division signs and stuff.

Marydoll Fri 24-Apr-20 09:19:44

? For Gilly

Marydoll Fri 24-Apr-20 09:21:02

? for Bathsheba, joint top of the class!

gillybob Fri 24-Apr-20 09:22:14

Fanks Miss sorry about the mess I left last night .

Ashamed face .

Bathsheba Fri 24-Apr-20 09:22:25

Thank you Miss smile. Can I have a badge please?

Bathsheba Fri 24-Apr-20 09:24:33

gilly are you OK? I thought Doodle was coming to your rescue last night and helping you to climb out the window. Didn't she manage to get you out?

gillybob Fri 24-Apr-20 09:27:00

Yes she got me out but I left a terrible mess for Miss and now I feel so blush and sad cos Miss was really kind and everything.

Marydoll Fri 24-Apr-20 09:27:25

Here is another one to keep the brainboxes out of trouble occupied. wink

It is a teaser, not a maths question.

Bathsheba Fri 24-Apr-20 09:29:35

Aw I'm glad you're OK gilly. I'm going to ask Miss to have a word with those cleaners that locked you in. They're supposed to CHECK. angry

Marydoll Fri 24-Apr-20 09:32:07

Another ? Well done, mcem, a new classmate!

You see I'm not as scary as they make me out to be. wink

I'll be back later, I forgot to take my meds, too busy dealing with the insurrection, I have to dry my hair and make Millionaire's shortbread!

I may share it with you. smile

Pantglas2 Fri 24-Apr-20 09:33:46

Well I’m not bovverin with the first one cos the Clever Clogs ave alredee got it but I’ve messaged Miss the second cos I knowed it strait way.....

gillybob Fri 24-Apr-20 09:39:31

I need help with the second one .

Farmor15 Fri 24-Apr-20 10:24:09

Got 1st one but not 2nd yet.

Bathsheba Fri 24-Apr-20 10:53:48

Got the second one!

gillybob Fri 24-Apr-20 10:56:32

Help !

Beechnut Fri 24-Apr-20 10:57:13

The class dunce says the second one is either half a red light bulb or someone’s sunburnt ear ?

Doodle Fri 24-Apr-20 10:58:19

Morning Miss nice to have you back although Miss Sheba was nice too.

I’m late coz I ad to rescue gillybon last nite and didn get to bed till late.

Going to do my sums now. It may be some time before you get a PM from me ?

gillybob Fri 24-Apr-20 10:59:30

Bloomin brilliant Beechnut can’t stop giggling gringrin

Doodle Fri 24-Apr-20 10:59:45

pantglas you got so many bajs your cloves will fall off and you’ll be nakid ?????