Gransnet forums

Games

Wednesday:l Miss Marydoll’s, Wacky, Witty, Wild and Wonderful, Brain Teaser.

(72 Posts)
Marydoll Wed 29-Apr-20 09:24:49

Good morning class and welcome to any newcomers. Please don't let the unruly pupils put you off! wink

As usual, please don't post the answer on the thread, as it spoils it for others. I'm happy to respond to a PM.

It's not as difficult as it looks, you will need pen and paper to work it out. ??

Marydoll Wed 29-Apr-20 13:38:44

Well, I'm gobsmacked (it doesn't happen that often).
Farmor has gone above and beyond, working out the ages of all the boys!!! ??
Doodle ?? for solving both!
Missedout good to see you managed to get here in time today.?
Callistemon ? for number 2.

I'm losing track of the PMs, so forgive me if I have missed anyone out. I know you will be pretty quick to let me know! wink

I'm away for ?, which my DD dropped off with my bread and milk, then off to clean my fridge. sad.
I will be a while, as I don't want to miss, Doctor's. grin

Pantglas2 Wed 29-Apr-20 14:01:55

We’re cleen owt of sus tin ance Doodle but here’s sum fwd ?? from the cantean wear I’ve been Lynch Monitor standin in for that norty Gillybob whse gone playin Kiss Chayss with the boys!

Bathsheba Wed 29-Apr-20 14:05:38

Miss I werked out all the bruvvers ages too but fort yoo only wontd the oldist.

Bathsheba Wed 29-Apr-20 14:08:41

Pantglas yoo got enny mor pleez? I reely need sum brane fud arftr werking out Miss Doll's difcolt mafs today.
I promis I wone arsk Miss for enny uv yore bajs agnen.

Marydoll Wed 29-Apr-20 14:08:58

I did Bathsheba! ?

Farmor15 Wed 29-Apr-20 14:09:24

Glad I got today’s right after not reading question right yesterday. Off to sew some face masks- promised to provide family with some!? ?

Puzzler61 Wed 29-Apr-20 14:14:25

Doodle - I haven’t got a dog called Scooby. Have you? Wonder who it belongs to? I’ve got a cat tho ?

Pantglas2 Wed 29-Apr-20 14:20:55

Onlee pwdin left Bathsheba ??an sumbodee’s stucc a finga in the Crem Cara posh cysterd!

Callistemon Wed 29-Apr-20 14:27:31

Farmor are you teecher's pet.
I did that too but only told Miss the answer she asked for

Sulking now.

Missedout Wed 29-Apr-20 14:33:56

Yeah, I did all the bruvvers too. I didn’t show my working but I used ekwayshuns ?

Callistemon Wed 29-Apr-20 14:37:57

Clever!

I took a guess and it worked out.

Don't tell Miss.

Doodle Wed 29-Apr-20 14:43:08

puzzler you tol miss you din have a scooby bout the bruvvers questjun an I thought scooby mite be yor dog. Named after scooby doo on tele. I lik cats too. Woz yor cat called?
Miss I got all the bruvvers ages too. Me and callistemon and bathsheba all dun good.
pantglas fanks for the food from the can teen. I woz hungry.
Wunner who gillybobs wiv? ?
pantglas it woz me wot put a fingr in the splodgy stuff I fort it was mayon mayinn salid crem. Sowy ?

Marydoll Wed 29-Apr-20 15:18:01

Saxifrage ?

Will you all stop arguing!☹
It's not about winning, it's about taking part!

Bathsheba Wed 29-Apr-20 15:52:46

I'll ave the poodin Pantglas (can we cool yoo Pants fer shawt?). I don mind if the custed's mest up, cos Im fammishd.
An ennyweigh, as it woz Doodle wot did it, I speshly don mined cos shes beein reely gud an folloughin awl them strucshuns abowt woshing hands for twenty minnits in hot worter and lots of sope. She's a gud gerl, Doodle is smile

Bathsheba Wed 29-Apr-20 15:55:16

An that's wye Doodle's sumtims laet fer clars, cos she spends awl that tim woshing. (I avent tole her she ony kneads to do it for twenty sekunds, hee hee)

Bathsheba Wed 29-Apr-20 15:56:50

Doodle wye do yoo lik cats? I wudden. Yool get awl there fur in yore mouf shock

Squiffy Wed 29-Apr-20 16:08:16

Doodle I swapped my dog for a cat. Much better coz it takes itself for walks and, if I forget to feed it, it can borrow next door's dinner. It's done that a lot and they're not very happy, but I don't understand why. They should be glad that they're being kind to a poor animal!

Miss I'm sorry I'm so late to class, but I've been very busy attending to Other Important Things. I've done the sudoku puzzles and worked out part of the first puzzle, but I've confused myself. Again!

Pantglas2 Wed 29-Apr-20 16:16:32

Squiffy wen you woz tendin to them Udder Imported Fins did you see Gillybob? She spose to be on Cantean Dwties an she’s bin actin the Jezebel roun bac of the byke shed - she wone be gettin er bajs lyke that, will she!

willa45 Wed 29-Apr-20 16:53:16

Well I finally made it!.... Doodle thanks for being lookout. Good thing that pesky gate was open this time. Miss did my messages get through today? The first was a test and it didn't show up here. so I just sent a second one with all my answers.

Now, what have I missed and who wants to trade some goodies today? I have chocolate raisins... they melted a tad inside my pocket but they're still OK. Oh, and I won't share with just anyone ('snitches' beware!).

Puzzler61 Wed 29-Apr-20 16:54:28

Doodle , our cat’s called Sooty. Not very original but it’s cos he’s black. It only eats meals at my house coz there are 2 bigger cats next door who won’t share their cat meat.

willa45 Wed 29-Apr-20 17:08:51

Over the course of forty years, we always had one or two cats in our house. They were Mitchie, Sylvester, Bandit, Charlie, Mavis and Calvin. The last was our beloved Sophie. She lived to be 21 years old. Couldn't replace her after that....it's been almost six years. Our son's cat Margie was also a frequent guest at our house, so in many ways she was ours too. Margie was a sweet little old lady who also died at the ripe old age of 19.

gillybob Wed 29-Apr-20 17:10:33

Yooo hoooo. I’m back . I wus just gerrin sum sweets for evree body . I wasun doin nuffink with nobodee bee hind the sheds Pants or Doodley so thare. I wud get nackt for eevn torkin to boys . Eny ways eyev got 3 cola cyoobs left if eny body wonts won. smile

gillybob Wed 29-Apr-20 17:11:41

And a pakkit uv candy tabs .

Puzzler61 Wed 29-Apr-20 17:17:55

Willa45 Our homes have always had a cat, I can remember the cat I had when I was 2 and there have been many more since. They didn’t have lovely names like yours though. I let the children name them and we had Fluffy, Moggy, Tibby, Cooky and Cherry. I’ve just realised they all ended with a y. Dunno y ?‍♀️

willa45 Wed 29-Apr-20 17:22:30

Gilly, I already tol' some people not to be snitches! and I have me some chocolate raisins if you wanna swap...not all of them, mind ya.... I wanna leave for me. Them who seem to know what's going on 'ahind the shed, is becuz they spend a lotta time there themsleves...way too much time, if you get my drift wink