Gransnet forums

Games

Thursday: Miss MaryDoll’s Truly, Tricky (or not), Testing, Tantalising Maths Teaser..

(70 Posts)
Marydoll Thu 30-Apr-20 10:16:49

Good morning all, sorry I'm late, my creaky joints were giving me gyp!

I have been gentle today, so hopefully some newcomers will have a go.

Remember not to post the answers, to allow others to have a go. Feel free to PM, if you want to know if you have the correct answer.

Doodle Thu 30-Apr-20 22:00:14

Oh I c.

I not very gud at this. Haps Miss cld teach us abot secs ejakashun in nite skul.

Pantglas2 Thu 30-Apr-20 21:20:07

Oh Doodle you shud pay mor tenshun in the Secs Ejaclashun klass! A veegan is sumbodee who hasn’t gon all the weigh and Mr Spok was a volcano - obvs!

Doodle Thu 30-Apr-20 19:43:39

miss Miss I got them boff rite too. ?
Wot a gud clas we ar ?
pantglas do you like veegans too. I alwys like Mr Spok bes.

Marydoll Thu 30-Apr-20 19:06:25

Sorry class, I forgot to post the answers, but as you all got them, it didn't matter.

The answer is 45 and 54 and of course there is no dirt in a hole!

Where is our Gilly?

See you all in the morning!

Marydoll Thu 30-Apr-20 17:18:38

Farmor another star pupil! ??

Missedout Thu 30-Apr-20 16:38:27

Miss, I made some flatjax but it made me grans filling fall out. Now shes cross with me cos she cant go to the dentist.

Ooh Miss, you can do math with cooking, my mum said she don have the right size cake tin, and she needs to do the sums!

trisher Thu 30-Apr-20 16:35:23

Ugh Missedout could you tell? Did he have pointy ears?

Pantglas2 Thu 30-Apr-20 16:35:09

Just cos he woz a veegan you can still ave a good snog - done ave to go all the weigh ???

Missedout Thu 30-Apr-20 16:30:39

trisher, not all them gramma boys are rude. I wen out with one onct but wen he told me he was a vegan, I dumped him.

willa45 Thu 30-Apr-20 16:27:39

Bathsheba......Cookies are usually baked in an oven. They're sweet treats made by the dozen using sugar, eggs, butter, flour, flavorings and other things such as nuts or dried fruit. Most are round, others have fancy shapes. Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin cookies are so delicious, they tend to vanish very quickly, hence the name of the recipe. I'll be happy to post it (as soon as I find it) with Miss's permission of course (this is all about math after all). smile

trisher Thu 30-Apr-20 16:05:19

willa54 you are rude shock. Do you want to play show an tell? The grammer school boys like rude girls.

Bathsheba Thu 30-Apr-20 15:55:44

Cor lukin fawerd to yore cookies Willa . Wy dyoo cawl em cookies? Cos int evryfing cookd? So culd we cawl caiks cookies an awl? Or evn rost pertaytos? Im cunfoosed.

Marydoll Thu 30-Apr-20 15:23:31

??×4 for the children. ?

Bathsheba Thu 30-Apr-20 15:14:27

Miss fans for my fool marx, but yoo ony gaiv us awl one appul an one pair an the uvvers grabbd em bof kwik as ennyfing (Im not sayin hoo, cos thay is awl my frens). So can we av sum moor pleez?

Saxifrage Thu 30-Apr-20 15:02:32

Thanks Miss. I will hang my certificate over the bed. I like these sort of puzzles, so please do carry on?

willa45 Thu 30-Apr-20 14:25:26

You 'ear that? I got full marks! Woo hoo!!!

willa45 Thu 30-Apr-20 14:24:32

Thanks for saving me some cake Doodle. I handed in my work extra early today, so now we'll have time to bake a nice
batch of Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (I think in UK they're called Biscuits?) I have the recipe somewhere around here if anyone needs it.

Marydoll Thu 30-Apr-20 14:20:10

Ooooerrrr, you lot have certainly been busy!
Bathsheba, CraftyGranny, JoyBloggs and Willa, full marks
??

Pantglas2 Thu 30-Apr-20 14:14:54

I av to do that Doodle as part of my Elf&sayfte cheques els it mite invaluate the Skool Pubic Reliability Insiwrans. Step away from the gas uven chilren......♨️??

JoyBloggs Thu 30-Apr-20 14:13:03

Miss Mary have PMd today's answers... but still wondering about the age of the eldest brother yesterday... confused

willa45 Thu 30-Apr-20 14:10:52

Trisher, nobody can scrape Doodles bowl......she already flushed it!

grin

Doodle Thu 30-Apr-20 14:10:28

Don wurry bathsheba I got sum daffdils in my gardn and she can ave those for flower.
Yes trisher you can but I’m savin sum cak for Willa coz she cums late an mite miss it.
Who’s goin to turn the ovin on?

trisher Thu 30-Apr-20 13:57:53

Doodle if I stay can I scrape the bowl?

Bathsheba Thu 30-Apr-20 13:55:49

Nah she won oil me I don fink hmm. Shell kil me.

Bathsheba Thu 30-Apr-20 13:54:57

Oi Doodle don waist my mum's flower! Shes avin teraball trubbel gettin old of it thees dais wot wiv the covonia krysis an all, cos evvrywuns bying awl the flower an stuff at the soopamaakits. She don evn no I brort sum to skool an shell oil me if she fines aht shock