Gransnet forums

Games

Wednesday (Is it Wednesday?): Wittering Miss MaryDoll’s Welcoming, Warm and Witty, Weekday Maths Class.

(103 Posts)
Marydoll Wed 13-May-20 08:22:04

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWER ON THIS THREAD OR IT'S DENTENTION FOR YOU!
PM me if you wish an ?.

Good morning class here we go again, happy as can be. I hope some of the new classmates have a go today.

A money-conscious student likes to wear a clean shirt every day. He brings his shirts to the laundromat every Monday morning and picks them up exactly one week later. How many shirts does the budget-minded student need to own so that he has a clean shirt to put on every day?

The answer is NOT 8

Pantglas2 Wed 13-May-20 10:24:32

Ooh Miss done be avin no resd, the niw girl is gonna put us thru our spaces....we avent coverd that in the crikulum yet ave we?

Squiffy Wed 13-May-20 10:27:52

Oooh Charleygirl yoo sound even skaryer than Miss. I fink I neeed a nowt from my Mum two say i not welll. envy

Puzzler61 Wed 13-May-20 10:42:56

I dun my air Pants and ...... itz very ? orringe.
I lef it on 2 long while I was finkin bout the puzzel that Miss sez I got rong. I av’ to twy agin.

Pantglas2 Wed 13-May-20 10:49:07

Ooh deer! Miss done lyk orinj - you’ll be on the norty stwl with Doodle! Where is Doodle eniway? Ope she’s not plain trwant agen - er mum will be find zillions of monees?

Callistemon Wed 13-May-20 10:50:35

I dont fink I have enuff fingers for this sum

Callistemon Wed 13-May-20 10:51:46

We dont wanna be employable Charleygirl
Wot are you finking?

Bathsheba Wed 13-May-20 11:01:29

Atz zakly wot I sed Cally - wy on urf wud we wont to bee emploid? I lik cummin to skul, itz mutch mor fun than been a werkpursan.

Bathsheba Wed 13-May-20 11:04:46

Cor Charleygirl sowns a bit strik! I ope the Hed duzzent say she kan bee the nyoo sistant! I fink sheed stop awl our sheenanniguns fun shock

Marydoll Wed 13-May-20 11:08:01

Charleygirl, we are scary, aren't we?

Right first things first.
Please read the whole question. Read it again and think about what it actually says. The answer, as previously stated in the OP, is NOT 8.
No-one knows why the student only wears shirts, but take it from me, he doesn't wear T shirts, I have it on good authority. wink
There will be no lateral thinking or thinking outside of the box on my watch.
Is that scary enough, Charleygirl ? grin

Now for the clever girls' awards.

CraftyGranny, ? May51 ?, Bathsheba? and silverlining (another new pupil, welcome) ?.
Well done!

Oh I'm away for a lie down, being scary is exhausting!

Squiffy Wed 13-May-20 11:18:57

Ohno, i got it rong sad I fink we shud cut the sleevs off the shirts then they wont neeed the lorndry. So thayr!

FarNorth Wed 13-May-20 11:28:11

Seriously?? A student wearing clean shirts all the time and using a laundry?
Glad we don't have to calculate the probability of that happening.

Ps, sorry for spelling things right, I can't help it.

Charleygirl5 Wed 13-May-20 11:31:26

Marydoll I obviously understand what you are saying but this lot will not know what you mean by "thinking outside the box". I did not realise education had slipped so low.

These girls do not want to work- that will be another generation who are relying on you and I to work and keep them. I do not know who will pay our pension when we retire in approximately 30 years from now.

Please rest and I will sort these girls out- you may well have a reduced number in the class tomorrow- mainly because I will be concentrating on their English (or lack of).

They really are not keen to learn are they? It has to be the fault of their parents- too willing to write a note if the child's life becomes difficult and they want to be excused. It was not like that in our day.

Please look after yourself, I am here to lighten the load.

Marydoll Wed 13-May-20 11:34:12

Welcome FarNorth and a breath of fresh air in our class. My brain hurts, trying to read what those disruptive pupils have written.
For you! ?

Squiffy for you too! ?

A warm welcome to all the new classmates, it's lovely to see you joining in the spirit of things..

FarNorth Wed 13-May-20 11:38:07

smile
Thank you, Miss.
(preen, preen)

Squiffy Wed 13-May-20 11:38:35

Thank you Miss ? Pleeez downt leev that Charley in charj, she be Proppa Skaree ? I fink clarsis wil beee verree small if shees in charj ?

Pantglas2 Wed 13-May-20 11:38:45

? oh no - we as bin syrvd notiss! She’s gonna be raisin stannards of our inglish - as if we wozn alreddee perfick!

An she wans to make us pliable an we can do anstans an cartweels alreddee?‍♂️. I no coz I’ve got my Jim Monitor baj!

Marydoll Wed 13-May-20 11:43:02

Charleygirl, thank you for your offer of support.
However, I have had to organise counselling for my girls, as they have been severely traumatised by the fact that someone is expecting them to do a day's work. School is a place where you can mess about all day and keep the swots off their work, while speaking gibberish.

At the moment I'm with them in the sensory room, trying to restore some equilibrium. I am failing badly. sad

Doodle Wed 13-May-20 11:54:52

Morning Miss sowy iz lat I bin elpin unpak the shopin.
Ello to all v knew poopils. Nise to av yous wiv us.
Ello to al my frens too.
Miss charley I be a bit scarded of yous. ? Wez not so bad coz iz weally bewy difkult to rite lik dis so dat uvers can weed it. pants is sue perb at rittin fings wot is so funny. Wez joying our selves. Ples don put us in tention.
I goin to du my sum know.?

mary51 Wed 13-May-20 11:55:05

Thanks for the nice red apple. I haven't had a real one for ages not since we finished the store of garden apples from two trees in mid January!!

smile

Charleygirl5 Wed 13-May-20 12:10:02

Doodle you have every right to be scared of me- there would be no more messing around and just because you have no interest in earning any money it does not mean that the swots cannot pass their exams with help.

Marydoll is really too kind and I think you would only appreciate her if I was in charge for a whole day. She has so much patience for you lot I am actually left in admiration.

We would stay clear of maths but concentrate on English, Latin, French and Spanish.

Pantglas2 Wed 13-May-20 12:19:16

Miss I fown sum quillbrum in the Sentry Room wud you lyk summa mine? ?‍♀️

I done no how you gonna orgynis get the Council to fiks us coz we is sveelee dramatisd - praps we need pensayshun? ?

Doodle Wed 13-May-20 12:19:19

Gulp! ? ooh. But I av dun my sums. charley we don just pla we does skul wk to.

Pssst? evywun I got a seecwit. I woz lisning at v keeole walkin pas an I erd Miss say iz her birfday tomowow. Wot kan we does. pants get yous finking cap on. ?

Goodbyetoallthat Wed 13-May-20 12:21:18

Crikey just lookd in again. Eek If miss is going to have an ass istant they'll be no larking about at the back of class girls or 100 lines (or even worst sums) for you.
I'm teaching from home at the moment but am no where near as scary as Miss or her new ass instant ?

Marydoll Wed 13-May-20 12:28:25

Puzzler, you are back in my good books. I admire your determination, so for you, ? and a treat ?for not giving up.

Puzzler61 Wed 13-May-20 12:30:13

Charleygirl5 I sinseerlee hope yoo hav a tung in yoor cheek.
I’m hid in’ under a desk holding’ me breth til yoo reply 2 me?

And I twied 3 times to get the maths answr. I dun think I will be getin an ?. I fink I gave Miss a eadake. Sorry Miss.