Gransnet forums

Games

Wednesday: Wittering Miss MaryDoll’s Wonderous, Wealth of Wacky Brain Teasers.

(77 Posts)
Marydoll Wed 20-May-20 08:58:28

Good Morning all, something a little different today to tease your brains.
It's a sunny day, so I'm not expecting you in school all day.
I will come back tonight and reveal the answers. Good luck!

Feel free to post your total on here, no need to PM. It doesn’t matter, as I’m sure there will lots of different answers.

There are over 25 clubs hidden in the image! How many can YOU find?
If you click on the image, it should be easier to see.

MawB Wed 20-May-20 11:53:19

You do realise that a certain somebody may possibly report some people for mocking the afflicted - in particular the dyslexic, don’t you?
Don’t worry, it won’t be me but I have been threatened with legal action before now.
(Scared, hiding now)

dragonfly46 Wed 20-May-20 11:56:58

I got up to 32

Charleygirl5 Wed 20-May-20 12:06:28

Pantglas that will be very helpful- thank you.

Doodle Wed 20-May-20 12:30:13

maw as I have mentioned many times on GN I have dyslexia and so does my son and grandson. This thread is innocent fun for a group of oldies reliving their youth and having a bit of light relief in this time of lockdown. I sincerely hope no one takes offence and the pedants leave us alone. As I’ve mentioned before it is harder to write like this Than you would think to make things understandable to others. Some of the misspellings are hilarious, stiff git for certificate springs to mind. I know you are not the kind to report us but there has been someone else who has come on this thread twice to make an unwarranted comment. I notice that person was indulging in a bit of fantasy on another thread recently about the sort of plates she would have her dinner on and what she would be choosing from what was on offer. This is the same. Our bit of fantasy and fun to take our minds off what is going on in the world. I think it would be very sad indeed if anyone took it for anything more than that. All I will say is that this dyslexic person in very happy to be involved with the lovely people on this thread. I have made many new friends and am enjoying myself. No offence of any kind intended towards anyone.
Now back to being my childhood self ?

Charleygirl5 Wed 20-May-20 12:38:33

Girls- I will need some help please carrying the ice cream back. When I am out buying it I would like you all to be as quiet as church mice please.

I would like two helpers please

MawB Wed 20-May-20 12:41:19

I was joking * Doodle* - many apologies that I failed to find a “tongue in cheek” emoji! ????

Pantglas2 Wed 20-May-20 12:43:16

I was a little taken aback at the comment about mocking dyslexia.

I’m one of those who spells perfectly well in Welsh English and Spanish and the language used on this thread is that of my 5yr old self learning to read and write in English which is my second language.

Welsh is phonetic and I had no knowledge of silent letters and different pronunciation/spelling etc so some of my early spelling in English was hilarious, as I hope are my posts.

If the consensus is that this thread is offensive, I’m happy to bow out.

Charleygirl5 Wed 20-May-20 12:51:44

Dear God, this thread is anything but offensive- it is light hearted fun- nobody being nasty and all behaving as expected of the norty brigade.

annodomini Wed 20-May-20 12:53:10

I noticed that Maw was joking, but then perhaps we share a sardonic Scottish sense of humour!

MawB Wed 20-May-20 13:23:31

Oh dear ?????
Lead balloon or what ??
I wasn’t criticising or accusing but if anybody thinks I was I totally retract, and withdraw what I said. ?????
Grovel, grovel, grovel

Charleygirl5 Wed 20-May-20 13:27:54

Are you girls ready, please? At this rate, the shop will be closing down for an afternoon siesta. I have been able to phone in advance our requirements so that the ice cream has not melted by the time we return.

Bathsheba Wed 20-May-20 13:28:02

Well said Doodle. Sorry Maw I know you wouldn't report this thread, but your original comment did come across, at least to me, as a warning, not a joke.

I sincerely hope no one would be churlish enough to take offence at this obviously light-hearted fun, and report it. Life is miserable enough at the moment, without someone going out of their way to make it more so.

Bathsheba Wed 20-May-20 13:29:43

Me me, im reddy Miss Charley. I ope thayv got the rumanrasun!!

Charleygirl5 Wed 20-May-20 13:36:51

Bathsheba you are in luck, the shop had everything I requested. Girls- we will be back in 10 minutes.

Bathsheba Wed 20-May-20 13:43:28

Cor luk at awl dem flaivas!! Karn wate!

Doodle Wed 20-May-20 14:19:59

No no no please. Maw I think I know you well enough that you wouldn’t do such a thing. I said I know you wouldn’t report us and I wouldn’t have made a comment at all if I hadn’t noticed a couple of other comments by someone else which is what I was responding to. maw you are one of the nicest people I have met on GN and I have no problem with what you have written but I did think someone else was having a pop at us the other day. No problem with you as far as I’m concerned ?

Doodle Wed 20-May-20 14:23:49

pantglas no offence at all. Dyslexics including me should not be offended we are not mocking people who can’t spell we are just writing the way that young children write when they are starting off at school. Like the sort of thing you read in early text books. It is funny not offensive and I find your posts hilarious. Let’s forget all this. maw meant no harm and I know that. Back to school for our ice creams before they melt and anyone who eats mine will be in twubble.?

Doodle Wed 20-May-20 14:26:54

Wow dat eys cweam lok lubberly. miss charley yous is sew nyce to us* Fankoo ?

boat Wed 20-May-20 14:28:38

23 clubs and I'm going cross eyed.

Pantglas2 Wed 20-May-20 14:36:05

As I av a weet alergee, Scerree Miss, I canna eet them coans so iv borted my oan boll ?(wych appns to old fore scwps) so jes phil er up pleez - eni flayvr! Tee hee!

Doodle Wed 20-May-20 14:36:52

Yummy eyes cweam pants as yous put willa’s in ve wefwigerator sows it don melted?

Pantglas2 Wed 20-May-20 14:42:12

I as done betta Doodle, I fort I’d pwt it in the freeza long with the ded rats we disseck cut up in Bologi class!

Bathsheba Wed 20-May-20 14:53:09

Hee hee yooz so krarftee Pants, avin yore one bole sos yoo kan av more isskreem! Verree clebba, wish id fort ov dat!

mary51 Wed 20-May-20 15:02:53

I stopped at 29 after two minutes because the sun is calling me back outside!

Charleygirl5 Wed 20-May-20 15:04:48

Now girls- we have not achieved much today. I am aware how hot it has been so I am allowing you to go home extra early for once. No screaming as you leave the classroom because other children are studying. Have a lovely evening and be ready for tomorrow.