Gransnet forums

Games

Monday: Miss MaryDoll’s Marvellous Maths Mayhem.

(99 Posts)
Marydoll Mon 01-Jun-20 08:15:04

YOU KNOW THE DRILL, POST THE ANSWERS AT YOUR PERIL AND I JUST WANT TO LET YOU KNOW, I AM NOT IN A VERY GOOD MOOD TODAY! ?

Good morning all, in the light of the weekend’s shocking behaviour, I have decided to introduce anti social distancing in class.
You will all be sitting at least two metres apart, until I see some improvement in your disgraceful behaviour. behaviour ?

Today’s puzzle is quite topical. It should please wila. I do hope she makes it to class today.

Because, deep down, I am a kind teacher, I have a little extra teaser for those who don't want to try the algebraic equation.
A man went into a party and drank some of the punch. He then left early. Everyone at the party who drunk the punch subsequently died of poisoning. Why did the man not die?

Chewbacca Mon 01-Jun-20 23:05:54

Like me! ?

Doodle Mon 01-Jun-20 22:55:55

Aw grannywn weed miss u. Yous don av two be norty you can be a gud gurl wot wez kan lok up two az a gud zample ?

Grannynannywanny Mon 01-Jun-20 22:43:52

Nite nite all and fanks for all the laffs again tuday. This thred reely cheered me up these last few days.

I fink I have been two rood and my mum and dad will be mad at me.

I mite beehaive mysel and not cum to skool tomorra.

Wunce my mumy is asleep I will rite a leter for her and I will send it to Miss.

willa45 Mon 01-Jun-20 22:00:43

Thanks Miss Doll.....nite nite evewyone! See yoo 'amorrow!

Squiffy Mon 01-Jun-20 20:44:19

??

Marydoll Mon 01-Jun-20 20:14:18

Squiffy, I loved that tale!!!

Squiffy Mon 01-Jun-20 20:03:55

We shood av knone ice wud be innvolvd - leg ov lam ennywun?!

Marydoll Mon 01-Jun-20 19:59:55

That wouldn't surprise me, Doodle. Soop's sausage roll are infamous! wink

Doodle Mon 01-Jun-20 19:58:00

Oh chewy I wud av smacd I’m ard my mum seys yer musnt let boyz tuch yous pwivates. My bum is pwivate, I keeps it pwivate by sitin on it ?

Fankoo four d ansr miss I didn get dat. P.s I still fink it woz soop’s sawsige rolls wot dun four em ?

Chewbacca Mon 01-Jun-20 19:45:46

I had a rosy bottom after that big boy in the top class pinched my bum. He's got a lazy eye and he reely wanted to pinch Doodle's bum but he missed and got mine insted.

Marydoll Mon 01-Jun-20 19:45:27

Soory class, I got caught up in things, then a family visit, then a surprise bouquet of flowers, then dozed off after dinner! blush

Wila, glad you like your puzzle. ?I'm sorry that things are very difficult in the US just now. it must be quite scary for you. ?

Thank you all so much for cheering me up with your inventive solutions to the riddle.

The official solution to the poison riddle is:
The poison from the punch came from the ice cubes. When the man drank the punch, the ice was fully frozen. Gradually, as the ice cubes melted, the poison was released into the punch.

Thesolution is in the question. Everyone who subsequently drunk the punch, was poisoned Nothing about eating food etc.

This is harder work, than when I was a actually teaching! grin.

Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Doodle Mon 01-Jun-20 19:31:31

No squiffy iz craftygranny wot saves er blushes. I spect she keep dem in a pot an wen she lookin a bit pail she tackes one out an puts it on er cheek to make er lok betr. Min you wy yous wud wan a rosy botum i dunno ?

Squiffy Mon 01-Jun-20 19:17:10

Chewy wot duz yor lady do wiv all de blushes she saves? Can shee trayed them in?

Doodle Mon 01-Jun-20 18:54:40

Ooh chewy yous is norty. ?

Chewbacca Mon 01-Jun-20 18:52:40

Does he do pizza too Doods? Wow! Singin and makin pizzas all at the same time. Wen I marries him, he can make pizza for me to. smile and I sharnt mind if he touches me bum wen I'm not lookin eiver.

Chewbacca Mon 01-Jun-20 18:50:03

No willa, Miss Marydoll wont sum back agen today cos she's sat in a corna of her ouse rockin herself to sleep reddy for mornin. I nose wot poisoned them poor peeple at that party. Shall I wisper it to yoo?

willa45 Mon 01-Jun-20 18:41:06

Sad cuz al neva meke class swot. I wudda hav to do de sums at two in de mornin. I handid in de puzil late n' haven herd....Is Miss cumin back?

Doodle Mon 01-Jun-20 18:33:05

Placid Domino I knows him chewy we gets ouz pitzer frum im ?

willa45 Mon 01-Jun-20 18:31:57

Ooh Chewie.....I hud dat Placido wuz caut tuchin' a lady's butt (bum) when she was'n lookin' n' she tol' on im, she did. Placido's a norty boy!

Chewbacca Mon 01-Jun-20 18:28:17

Is the Tena lady anyfink to do with the four tenners? I luv the four tenners, speshully that Placid Domino singer.

CraftyGranny Mon 01-Jun-20 18:26:08

Unfortnaly not. The ony fing she dos is saev my blushes wen I laf. so she dus av er yuses

Squiffy Mon 01-Jun-20 18:19:47

Crafty wot eggsakly ar yoo goin to doo wiv yor lady? Duz she doo chaws four yoo? I mite get wun to if dats wot shee duz!

CraftyGranny Mon 01-Jun-20 18:17:09

Squiffy wink

Squiffy Mon 01-Jun-20 18:08:23

Crafty yoo got a lady for a tenna? Shee woz cheep, yoo got a barggin! ??

CraftyGranny Mon 01-Jun-20 17:31:48

I give up! I can't keep up with you all. I have laughed so much today, like most days. I have come to the conclusion that we must all be as mad as hatters. I need some wine.

Thank goodness for Tena Lady! grin blush