Gransnet forums

Games

Monday: Miss MaryDoll’s Marvellous Maths Mayhem.

(98 Posts)
Marydoll Mon 01-Jun-20 08:15:04

YOU KNOW THE DRILL, POST THE ANSWERS AT YOUR PERIL AND I JUST WANT TO LET YOU KNOW, I AM NOT IN A VERY GOOD MOOD TODAY! ?

Good morning all, in the light of the weekend’s shocking behaviour, I have decided to introduce anti social distancing in class.
You will all be sitting at least two metres apart, until I see some improvement in your disgraceful behaviour. behaviour ?

Today’s puzzle is quite topical. It should please wila. I do hope she makes it to class today.

Because, deep down, I am a kind teacher, I have a little extra teaser for those who don't want to try the algebraic equation.
A man went into a party and drank some of the punch. He then left early. Everyone at the party who drunk the punch subsequently died of poisoning. Why did the man not die?

Chewbacca Mon 01-Jun-20 08:19:05

Morning Miss Marydoll, do you like your new yeller desk, chair and door knob? Luvverly innit? grin

Are we to pm you about the man and the poison too or can we post our answe here please?

Marydoll Mon 01-Jun-20 08:24:45

Good morning, Chewy. I don't want to appear ungrateful, but my classroom looks like an explosion in a paint factory. ?

PM, please Chewy otherwise others can't have a go.

Marydoll Mon 01-Jun-20 08:42:25

Space question: Well done Mary51, class swot ?and Chewy was was close behind.?

Just to clarify, the man who left early wasn't the poisoner and the answer is related to the punch.

Marydoll Mon 01-Jun-20 08:44:37

CraftyGranny, ?

CraftyGranny Mon 01-Jun-20 08:48:00

Mawnin Miss and Chewy.

Chewy, that payn is stil wet, its awl ova me ands from the dor nob.
Miss wont be vewy appy wen she tris to stand up

Puzzler61 Mon 01-Jun-20 08:48:57

Good morning Miss, and awl klassmates. The question about poisoned punch is a good one, like an episode of Death in Paradise! I pee emmed you Miss and now I’m going to try the other teaser.

Pantglas2 Mon 01-Jun-20 08:49:25

Mournin Miss- I av reecuvrd from the Vyrus an av borted sum serpentine to reemoov orl that paynt orf yore nobb an otha bits ?

Marydoll Mon 01-Jun-20 08:50:04

Pantglas ?

The man who left the party is NOT the poisoner.

Puzzler61 Mon 01-Jun-20 09:03:07

Pants woz yer Virus from d booze yoo ‘ad at the wekend?
I fink I had prseko puysnin.
But I am betta now. I onee dwinkz at de wekend.

Marydoll Mon 01-Jun-20 09:13:18

Well done Puzzler for solving the punch question. ?

It's designed to make you think. Yes you can ask questions about it!

Marydoll Mon 01-Jun-20 09:17:01

Squiffy ?

Mary51, Squiffy and Craftygranny, share this large cake for your imaginative answers. ? CraftyGranny was just about there. Your answers weren't quite what I was looking for, but so imaginative and just as valid!!! ?

I'm getting tied in knots, trying to reply!

Puzzler61 Mon 01-Jun-20 09:35:37

Thank yoo fer th choklit donut Miss! I wil ete it quick beefor it melts.

Puzzler61 Mon 01-Jun-20 09:39:40

Gurls, it’s a pittee that punch is poysund. I mite mak sum now coz the fort of froot punch ‘as made me therstee.

Bathsheba Mon 01-Jun-20 09:42:08

Oh no, im lait agenn! But I kan eksplane! I woz kep sitin owsyd the hed teecha's rum fore ayjis, an then i got sutch a big tellinoff wot maid me cwy, an i ad to go in the torlits to wosh awl the teerz off mine faise beefaw i cud cummin ear.

Ennywai, i av werkd owt the mafs an i fink ive werkd owt the punch puzzul. Ile pee emm yoo Miss

Squiffy Mon 01-Jun-20 10:14:36

Oh Bath dats mayed me fele so sad i ope yoos feelin betta nou smile

Miss fank yoo four de appel an cayke! ime stil puzzeld abowt de punch . . .

Doodle Mon 01-Jun-20 10:37:39

bath don cwy. We iz awl in twubil wiv d paint. Iz got two do myne sums now.
I fink I’ll where mynes sungwasses coz iz vewy bwight lellw in ere ?

Bathsheba Mon 01-Jun-20 11:12:21

Fanks Squiffy and Doods. I woz sad but as sun as I warkd in owr klarsrum I startid felin betta, kos itz awl so brite an sunshynee lukin sunshine in ear wiv awl the lello paynt. It reelee cheed meeyup.

Marydoll Mon 01-Jun-20 11:16:32

Doodle ?, Bathsheba?

I hope I haven't missed anyone. blush

Doodle Mon 01-Jun-20 11:29:45

Pweeze Miss kan craftygranny have a stiffgit for getin er sum rite. I no she add cak but she weerly wan a stiffgit so she’s can mount it inner bedwum like wot pants duz. ?

Marydoll Mon 01-Jun-20 11:54:25

Doodle I will ignore your innuendo, blush but I have left soap for you to wash out your mouth.

Kalu, for sheer inventivemess about the poison. I have been baking. wink

Marydoll Mon 01-Jun-20 11:55:47

Dragonfly ?

Pantglas2 Mon 01-Jun-20 12:03:46

Ooh Doodle - ewe bee sinnin dat song ? ‘I’m foreva bloein bubbls.......’ orl dae?

Kalu Mon 01-Jun-20 12:34:47

? I had my nurses cap on. More than happy with the tablet?

dragonfly46 Mon 01-Jun-20 12:42:14

Is that apple for both answers or only one Miss?