Gransnet forums

Games

Tuesday: Miss MaryDoll’s Terribly, Tricky, (not really) Testing and Trying Teaser.

(117 Posts)
Marydoll Tue 02-Jun-20 08:25:54

YOU KNOW THE RULES, DON’T POST THE ANSWERS……

List the values for:
Lime candy
Fish Candy
Swirly Pop
Jelly Beans.

Something different into the bargain today
I'm going to leave this riddle all week, until someone solves it. I may offer clues, if posters are struggling. It is quite difficult and you need to really think outside of the box!

My house broken into,
I was taken by force
and sold for money
without any remorse.

I was purchased and chained
with others like me
and our owner now exposes us
for all to see.

Yet no law was broken,
no complaint was filed,
for I am neither man,
woman, nor child.

What am I?

Squiffy Tue 02-Jun-20 10:18:18

^Reception class would be easier, MissCharleygirl.^

..... but not harf as much funn! wink

Grannynannywanny Tue 02-Jun-20 10:36:39

MissCharleygirl I fink yoo mite bee rite. I wos shoked at sum fings I sed. I doant no wot came over me. Sorry if I cosd a fence to any wun.

I laffed moar yesterday than I hav in munfs. But am tryin to be gud now and won’t menshun wun of dem fings we’ve not not menshun.

But I wont say no if I get a chans if wun

Puzzler61 Tue 02-Jun-20 10:37:52

MissCharley MissDoll onley pretends dat er klass is challengine, wen weely she is werry prowd of us awl.
Yoo will cum two luv us toooo.

Bathsheba Tue 02-Jun-20 10:50:14

I gree wiv yoo Puzzler. MissDoll luvs us reelee an I bet she woz giglin er ed off yessdae! Wen I cort up wiv it dis mawnin arfta my wifey staatid werkin agenn, I cudden stop larfin, I ad teers rowlin doun mine faiss! It woz hillairyars.

I pwomiss I woant yoos the norty werd bowt dem bits of paipr yoo get fore eksellin at sumfin. But I karn pwomiss I woant say uvva norty fings

Pantglas2 Tue 02-Jun-20 11:01:10

Wel ifn we is not loud to say dat word, I shul jes av to corl it a Diplumat an start mownt that in my bedrwm?.

An gurls, if them bois in the byke shedd wanna shoe us therr testeemoaniyls wot is we todo?

Doodle Tue 02-Jun-20 11:01:26

Eyes pwomise I won menshun dat word dis weak so wez can av ice cweam. It cud be lik dat scotish plae wot deys knot aloud two menshun you no dat Mcbeth wun.
pants I fink wez awl lik a widdle in der mornin. I lik wun meny tymes a dae. I sum tymes av a widdle at nite two (sum tymes I as moor dan wun widdle a nite blush)
Goin do my sums now.
Miss Charley I news yous woz a nyce teechr an wud gwow two lik us weally ?

Doodle Tue 02-Jun-20 11:06:23

I fink wez shud offa two pin der testimonials to der bik wak four dem so dey duzent get intwo twubil ??

Grannynannywanny Tue 02-Jun-20 11:07:14

Doodle duz yoo wake up for dem nite widdels or ar yoo so smart yoo can do dem asleep

Puzzler61 Tue 02-Jun-20 11:10:59

Mine cat as lots of widdles like you Doodle. We av a speshul box for it and we do tip lots of bits lik popkorn in, an she dos widdle in that.
Av yoo got wun of thos?

Marydoll Tue 02-Jun-20 11:13:10

I'm back class.

Well done all of you who guessed it was a PEARL.

Apples for the following posters for solving the algebra:

CraftyGranny ?
Mary51 ?
Boat ? Lovely to see you in our unruly class!
Grannynannywanny ?
Dragonfly ?
Pantglas ?
Puzzler ?
Squiffy ?

I will not be back for a while, I'm doing a spring clean!

Since you have all been so good, I have organised a treat at break time. Remember to Social Distance.

Kalu Tue 02-Jun-20 11:13:35

Eye thingkin a sink plug. Thi hows is derlic butt eye wil bee bak.

Marydoll Tue 02-Jun-20 11:15:56

Far North

Kalu, if you are in a painting mood, could you please come down and paint my rocking chair, I have chalk paint to do it!!!

Grannynannywanny Tue 02-Jun-20 11:21:33

Finkin about widdles..

Mine daddy was a funny man. His doctur axed him how was his waterwurks. He sed I do a widdle at 6am on the dot each day. His doctur sed well I fink dats reely good, you are 92 and you can wait all nite to do a widdle at 6am.

Mine daddy made doctur laff wen he said yes but I doant wake till 9am

Kalu Tue 02-Jun-20 11:21:34

Rong!

Marydoll Tue 02-Jun-20 11:22:27

Far North ?

Kalu Tue 02-Jun-20 11:26:17

Marydoll I love working with chalk paint. Get the coffee on and I will nip down to do your chair. If only, it would be a pleasure. ?

Puzzler61 Tue 02-Jun-20 11:35:33

Grannywanny ooh that’s funny. ?

Thank yoo Miss. I won’t offer to paynt yoor chare, my payntin is not as gud as my maths. I wood mak a terribl mess!

Doodle Tue 02-Jun-20 11:36:30

grannywn fawtuneitly I waks up four dem. Doin dem in mynes slep cud be uncumfitible blush dat stowy bout yous faves woz funee ?

Marydoll Tue 02-Jun-20 11:48:08

Doodle ?

Pittcity Tue 02-Jun-20 11:58:47

I woz late and itz already bin gest.... ?

CraftyGranny Tue 02-Jun-20 12:05:13

Oh Kalu Do you like paining living rooms, I have already done the dining room side but can't find the energy to do the rest

Bathsheba Tue 02-Jun-20 12:44:21

Ow I dint get no appul, an I woz sew shore I gottid the aljiber wun rite ☹️. Ile av too ac anubber luk at it.

Marydoll Tue 02-Jun-20 13:19:50

Oh Batthsheba, you did! I wrote a list, and you were on it!
For you ?
wila ?.

Charleygirl5 Tue 02-Jun-20 13:20:21

Right girls, ice cream or soft drinks? Who will pick them up?

Doodle Tue 02-Jun-20 13:33:18

Kan we all go Miss C we wil bee have and wark two by two in a aligator. We won run way an we won menshun the sg word.
willa wear is yous iz yous idin?