Gransnet forums

Games

Thursday: Miss Doll’s Thought-provoking, Thorny and Therapeutic Maths Problems.

(55 Posts)
Marydoll Thu 11-Jun-20 09:21:16

Good morning class, I'm running behind this morning.
I will be back later with the maths!
Be good!!!

Pantglas2 Thu 11-Jun-20 09:29:31

Oakae Miss I’ll bea Klass Perfect an keap ordur til ewe get bach.......we’ll plae Aye Spi an go to kantean fore sum freshmens.....?. Urree up gurls ifn ewe wanna freshmen....?

Puzzler61 Thu 11-Jun-20 09:35:41

Mornin ‘ Perfect Pants. I av a letter from mi mum, I won bee in klass todae as I hav an appwoinmen.
Hav fun an’ bee bak tomowow fer mor Fun wiv yoo orl.

Bathsheba Thu 11-Jun-20 09:44:41

Allo Pants, gud eyedeer plaein icepie, but we wiw av to wate til the uvvas ar ear, kos iz not reelee mutj fun jus too ov us plaein.

Wes kan jus wate in the kantean for dem - leev a noat ear soas thae no ware wee ar.

Pantglas2 Thu 11-Jun-20 09:48:46

Wot freshmen ewe wan Bathsheba- we gettin furst pic....so I’ll av that big won at the bacc, he it lwks lishus?

Bathsheba Thu 11-Jun-20 09:58:03

Ooh fink Ile av tha big choklit clare bun wiv awl the kweem! Yum,

Bathsheba Thu 11-Jun-20 09:59:51

An shaw wes bofe av a bottuw ov fizzee dwink swel? I fanssee a stworbwy flaiva wun.

Pittcity Thu 11-Jun-20 10:00:19

I jussed set darn wiv me Penn n paypr miss. Fink iyll go 2 the kanteen 4 cayk 2......

Bathsheba Thu 11-Jun-20 10:01:11

Arta tha Im gointo chews a freshman!

yggdrasil Thu 11-Jun-20 10:07:06

Dear Marydoll
I would like to enjoy your puzzles, but the number of illiterate and unreadable posts put me off the whole thread. I know it's supposed to be a joke, but not to me

Marydoll Thu 11-Jun-20 10:25:36

yggdrasil, pleased to hear you enjoy the puzzles.
The girls mean no harm. Do what myself and Miss Charleygirl do, skip over the unreadable ones, I can't understand them either! wink

Marydoll Thu 11-Jun-20 10:43:43

Right class, back to work! Enough time wasted this morning. sad

You know the drill, no posting the answers.

You can only use the numbers, 1 to 36 and the total should be 111.

For those of you complaining that you are having difficulty seeing the question, do you know that if you click on the image, it will enlarge it?

There is no requirement to read all the posts to try the puzzle. wink

Doodle Thu 11-Jun-20 11:10:32

yggdrasil you can always just do the puzzle an PM Marydoll with your answer. There is no need for you to join in the banter if it’s not your cup of tea. Sorry if we’ve upset you but it is just our bit of fun and many of us enjoy it. Those who don’t can just do the puzzle and not get involve with the rest. ?

Doodle Thu 11-Jun-20 11:12:39

I’m ear gurls. Now Miss is bak, duz dat meen I kant goes to d kanteen four fweshments ?. Betr does myne sums furs den go an joyn dem ?

Doodle Thu 11-Jun-20 11:15:36

Krumbs Miss dats sum big numers youz got uz doin twoda.?. I gonna av two ewes all myne fingurs an toz for dat wun.

Pantglas2 Thu 11-Jun-20 11:16:58

Ooh gwdeee? Bingoe is Bach! As Gaymes Monitor, notha baj, I wil bea corlin the numbas owt shortlee so get yore dobbas reddee gurls?

Mournin Doodle ewe is layte.....musta bin dweemin o fyremuns polls....?‍?

Pittcity Thu 11-Jun-20 11:30:43

Clickety click!

CraftyGranny Thu 11-Jun-20 11:30:46

mawnin awl. It is vewy wyndy an wainy ere todae.
I av pee emd yu Miss.

CraftyGranny Thu 11-Jun-20 11:35:04

Do yu no Tiny Tim? He is vewy funy, luk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT5IGtWmQ-M

Bathsheba Thu 11-Jun-20 11:53:25

O CraftyGranny he woz so funnee! Fankyoo fore de lynx. Iz vewy windee an raynee ear swel. I ad to yooz mine humbereller wen I woz warkin to skul an it bloo owtsydin, I meen insidowt. I fort it woz gointer blo awai wiv me oldin onter it, bit lik Mairee Poppynz.

Doodle Thu 11-Jun-20 12:21:13

craftygranny I lik Tiny Tim two.
pants I jus PM Miss wiv myne ansr. Dat woz an ard wun. My brayn urts now. I kneed a west. Av wez got any chocklit ?

CraftyGranny Thu 11-Jun-20 12:52:41

Do yu fink tiny Tim shud cum to hour skool or wil ee get us in mor twubl. O no it is gurls ony. Wot a shaym

Doodle Thu 11-Jun-20 13:10:55

Oh craftygranny Tiny Tim woz funnee but e wozn der wun I woz finkin ov. I fought you ment der synger wiv der long air and plain unklesyaylee ?

Marydoll Thu 11-Jun-20 13:12:24

Afternoon class, apologies for not getting back sooner. Some unruly pupil, who shall remain nameless, switched off the router and then denied it. ?

Thank goodness I was an IT co-ordinator in a previous life! wink

JackyB gets the golden apple today. Congratulations! My head is birling trying to read the answers. ?
Well done also to:

CraftyGranny ?
Pittcity ?
Bathsheba ?
Doodle ?

Bathsheba Thu 11-Jun-20 13:18:49

Ooh thas a nyoo werd fore me Miss. I aven nevva erd the werd 'birling' afore! Izzit a Scottish werd? Cor wes doo lurn alot in yore klarss!

Fankyoo fore mine appul!