Gransnet forums

Games

Fortunately it’s Friday! Miss MaryDoll’s Fandabidozee, Frustratingly, Flummoxing Puzzle.

(73 Posts)
Marydoll Fri 12-Jun-20 09:04:23

Good morning class, we have what appears to be a tricky one today.

Can you please give the value for ? and explain what the relationship is between the numbers.
It’s not a difficult as it looks. wink

As a bonus, for those who don't like the number puzzles, can guess the object?
It has five letters and you can eat it.
I can't be any kinder than that! grin

Bathsheba Fri 12-Jun-20 15:37:55

Ooh tha appo budder taist lishus willa, fanks!

Doods I karn stopp gyglin at yore wubberwy wobbly wabbit gringringrin

Bathsheba Fri 12-Jun-20 15:40:40

Ware Oopsadaisy twodae? I ope she awlrite. Praps er Mummy done lik er goin owt in der rane.

yggdrasil Fri 12-Jun-20 16:21:00

I see someone mentioned me in a message, but I cannot understand what it was about. I am British you see, and I speak French and a bit of Danish, but whatever language you speak here is beyond me.

Marydoll Fri 12-Jun-20 17:34:25

Class sorry, internet up and down all day. ?
I will be back with apples later.

yggdrasil, I sent you a PM yesterday, suggesting you ignore the posts you can't
understand and just do the puzzle.

I can assure you, it was written in standard English! I'm quite bemused at what your problem is.?

Charleygirl5 Fri 12-Jun-20 17:54:44

I understand every word also

Pantglas2 Fri 12-Jun-20 18:00:18

Owr lanwwij iz veri fnetik soe if ewe reed it owt lowd it orl mayks sens?

Puzzler61 Fri 12-Jun-20 18:03:14

It’s the maths I have trouble with, not the language ?

mary51 Fri 12-Jun-20 18:09:49

I've written here twice but keeps disappearing.

The spelling you soon get used to and you can just write in the usual way like I do!

Have no idea about food. I wonder if it's something nice.

Feelingmyage55 Fri 12-Jun-20 19:12:23

I suppose we come over as a bit dottled to some folk. Still haven’t had time to answer. I keep getting interrupted. Or sometimes I go off in a dwam.

Feelingmyage55 Fri 12-Jun-20 19:16:43

The white flecks in the picture are confusing me. More confused than usual that is.

Doodle Fri 12-Jun-20 19:46:17

I think the post yggdrasil is referring to is the one bathsheba wrote. What she said was yggdrasil you mustn’t give big clues like that. Marydoll only wants people to PM the answer to her and not say on here what it is.
Bath was replying to your post yggdrasil where you said “This is the number you mustn’t say on discworld*
bath was trying to explain that people shouldn’t give the answer or any clues on this thread as it spoils it for others who want to have a go at the puzzles. bath was trying to say in a nice way, please don’t post clues just PM your answer to Marydoll.
We all enjoy Marydoll’s puzzles yggdrasil and hope you do to. There is no need for you to enter the banter if it Is not to your liking.

Doodle Fri 12-Jun-20 19:48:08

Bak two mynes normil self. Wears willa an squiffy toda. Ope deys not lost inner wain.

Doodle Fri 12-Jun-20 19:49:50

Oh der yous iz willa I diddn c u in der cubid wot yous doin in der?

Squiffy Fri 12-Jun-20 19:59:59

Ello Doods! I woz lost in mi wardrobe tryin two deeclutta. I dident fined Narnia ? or nice Mr Tumnus an it woz a veree skayree playce ? I eskayped venchewly - phew!

Marydoll Fri 12-Jun-20 20:04:47

Hi there class, I'm really sorry for not posting all day.

Our xxxxxx internet has been going up and down like a yoyo since last night. ?

Anyway, thank you all for being such good sports.

Firstly well done to all who solved the problem.

Friday ? = = 8 (Relationship: the diagonal values are cubes and cube roots)

Pittcity ?
Craftygranny ?
Doodle ?
*JoyBloggs ?
Squiffy ?
Feelingmyage ?
Mary51 ?
Wila ?

Wila you said you didn't get an apple for yesterday's puzzle , but I had posted the answer, before your PM was received.
However, as mail has been delayed due to Covid 19, and I know you atr a star pupil, here is yesterday's apple. ?

Now for the picture.

It's an onion.

Bathsheba ?
Craftygranny ? ( for initiative) wink

willa45 Fri 12-Jun-20 20:06:02

Doodle! Did yoo taze de appo budder yit? .....Wohht? mee 'n de cubid? OK, yoo ketched mee Doods .....aye wuz lookin' for sum biskits fer u 'n Squiffy ('n doun tell).

mary51 Fri 12-Jun-20 20:09:45

Thanks Miss.

willa45 Fri 12-Jun-20 20:14:21

Fank yoo Miss!!..... Star poopil! sunshine grin

Doodle Fri 12-Jun-20 20:19:27

squiffy o don be scawed I wuda cum to sav yous. Me an Spuggy der wunder cat wuda foun yous ?
Fankoo four d luverly apl Miss Cud we az tofee apl sum days? ?. Ebber opeful ?
willa sssh did youz fin anee biskits ? Yes I ad sum appo budder it waz lishus ?

An union ug I don lik union. Cleber bath an craftygranny

willa45 Fri 12-Jun-20 20:23:57

yggdrasil....At first, I couldn't understand a word either, but then (like learning any new language all the nonsense began to make sense and it all became hilariously funny.

Please just give it a try....I speak American English, so you can imagine how hard it was for me (still is).....but no worries, the most important thing is that you are welcome and we value your comments no matter how they are spelled.

Feelingmyage55 Fri 12-Jun-20 20:25:18

Ta Miss. Have a good weekend. ??

willa45 Fri 12-Jun-20 20:27:27

All 'o yus kudda clobbered me wid dat uhnion ober de hed 'n aye stil wuddan' ah guest it 'n a gazillion yeers!

Squiffy Fri 12-Jun-20 20:31:50

Fank yoo Doods yoos a luvvlee frend ?

willa i wwdent hav guest it iver! ??

Doodle Fri 12-Jun-20 20:42:58

Eye foun a boxer smartees in myne bag. We kan all shar dem. I liks likin der culur off d outyde and den etin der chocklit.
willa duz yous av smartees in mewica?

Pantglas2 Fri 12-Jun-20 21:00:12

Doodle, in Merika they az orl sourz o straynj fings - they micksis up anbags, bonnets, payvmens, biskwits, sconns an alsourz.....we canna be wurreein bout it?