Gransnet forums

Games

Thursday: Miss MaryDoll’s Truly, Tricky (or not), Testing, Tantalising Maths Teaser..

(79 Posts)
Marydoll Thu 18-Jun-20 09:15:32

Good morning class. You know the drill.

Another algebraic equation for you to solve.
PM if you would like a mention on the thread.

I am looking for the values for:
Pineapple
Grapes
Watermelon
Strawberry

To receive an apple you need to answer the whole question. wink

I won't be back until much later to answer PMs.

JoyBloggs Fri 19-Jun-20 13:42:10

Mary... Mischief? Not much chance at the moment! grin

Marydoll Thu 18-Jun-20 23:28:27

How very kind of you, Joy. Thanks.

I do enjoy setting them. keeps me out of mischief most of the time.

JoyBloggs Thu 18-Jun-20 23:17:20

I look at this thread every day even though I don't always get round to doing the puzzles and I miss it at the weekend! I think Mary deserves a large sack of golden apples for giving so much of her time to creating a fun thread. Nobody is obliged to look at threads that don't suit them. I'm not very interested in cooking so I avoid pretty much any thread involving food (unless it's how to prepare a meal in less than 10 minutes with no more than 4 ingredients and I'm still waiting for that one!). I like the fact that sometimes the maths puzzle is fairly easy and I feel happy to have solved it, while the trickier ones are good for giving what's left of the grey matter a bit of exercise. Thank you Mary from another of your happy band flowers

Squiffy Thu 18-Jun-20 21:59:42

Yes Bath its Best Skool Ever ??

Grannynannywanny Thu 18-Jun-20 21:58:56

We cud brake off Miss’s sheeld an she cud cum outsid an pway wiv uz oll at skool. For a reely big laff at skool we cood set off fire bel an oll the fire enjins wood cum. Miss wud luv dat

Bathsheba Thu 18-Jun-20 21:43:14

Ooh a partee at Miss's house, yay thas a bwilyan eyedeer!

I weelee wub this skul an awl the pyoopuls an teechas. evvreewun's so kyned an fwenlee an always trine to fink ov waes to elp eechuvva. Mine mum awlwase sez skuldase is the bess dase ov yore lif, an she rite!

Grannynannywanny Thu 18-Jun-20 21:28:22

Maybee Miss wil av SGs at her houz an be so appy to sea us we cood oll av wun eech to selbrate. Duz dat soun like a reely gud reewnian party Pantglas2

Pantglas2 Thu 18-Jun-20 21:08:28

Wot a gwd eyedia GrannyNW ?. We cud av a Skool Reewnian wherr we gettup to orlsoartsa mischiff?

Grannynannywanny Thu 18-Jun-20 20:37:42

Miss I fink yoo is rite. Dis klass iz a grate plase to cum for a wile evry day. Not meny fings can maik us laff till we cry. I do it evry day on dis fread.
I reely hoap yoo can soon brake free from sheelding.

Maybee we cud oll cum an elp yoo exkape to say fank yoo fur beein bestest teecher ?

Doodle Thu 18-Jun-20 20:22:40

Miss ders nuff twubil in der wurld. I luv bein ere wiv my knew frens and dey so nyce and funee. Yous is sew nice two us Miss you luks aftr our elf bye givin us aple two eat and tweets of eyescream if wez gud. ?

Marydoll Thu 18-Jun-20 20:15:08

Class, it doesn't mattter if you get the correct answer or not.
The friendship is more important than the maths!

Someone has started a thread saying all the posts on GN are depressing. She obviously hasn't been on here and read your posts! grin.
It's a gentle harmless thread, where no-one is ridiculed or nipped at. We look after each other and long may it continue!
Well until I get released from shielding, if ever!

Grannynannywanny Thu 18-Jun-20 19:02:46

I is mad at misel. I gotted the rite nummers but den I dident reed kweshion an I addid em ol toogever an got 30.
I gessed the ⭐️ ?.
I muss pay moar atenshun

mary51 Thu 18-Jun-20 18:52:35

I should have read the clue properly!!!

Doodle Thu 18-Jun-20 18:50:28

Oops *oopsadaisy ?

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 18-Jun-20 18:43:32

Bother I forgot to put the total at the end..... mummy will be cross with me.

Marydoll Thu 18-Jun-20 18:36:13

The answers

The best way to solve it, was to start with the grapes.
Pineapple = 4
Strawberry = 12
Grape = 12
Watermelon = 2
? = 26

The picture puzzle was a starfish.

See you all tomorrow.

Doodle Thu 18-Jun-20 16:39:32

Wel dun squiffy no wun gets at hour Misswivout us gurls sort in dem owt. ?

Squiffy Thu 18-Jun-20 15:09:12

Yore rite Doods. Ile bring tryful two splat dem wiv - an banarner skins sew day fawls down ???

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 18-Jun-20 15:07:52

Pants oh no, no boys are having these cherries.they are going on the top of the ice cream that Miss gave us.

Pantglas2 Thu 18-Jun-20 15:03:54

Oopsadaisy ewe betta bea cerrfl coz them bois wil be afta yore cherree?.....?

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 18-Jun-20 14:55:11

I got a cherry!!
How super, shall we spit the pips? Or is that too common? I will ask Mummy.
I would love to write your menu, shall we start with cucumber sandwiches with the crusts off?

Marydoll Thu 18-Jun-20 14:40:19

I don't know what is wrong with me today!
Who am I? Where am I? I actually haven't a clue!??‍♀️??‍♀️

Squiffy, ??
Pantglas ?so sorry! ?

Pantglas2 Thu 18-Jun-20 14:32:02

Miss ? ewes furgotted mi......ewe nead to rectumify mi...? lyk wot ewe sed coz I gotted the Frootee kwayshun rite!

Doodle Thu 18-Jun-20 14:31:46

Miss Charley ? wez gud gurls wez don do dwugs. ?

Charleygirl5 Thu 18-Jun-20 14:29:57

Nobody has come forward to our classroom- have they? They may think twice about meeting you girls. If you would like a coke- please feel free and send me the bill.