Gransnet forums

Games

Thursday: Miss MaryDoll’s Truly, Tricky (or not), Testing, Tantalising Maths Teaser..

(78 Posts)
Marydoll Thu 18-Jun-20 09:15:32

Good morning class. You know the drill.

Another algebraic equation for you to solve.
PM if you would like a mention on the thread.

I am looking for the values for:
Pineapple
Grapes
Watermelon
Strawberry

To receive an apple you need to answer the whole question. wink

I won't be back until much later to answer PMs.

CraftyGranny Thu 18-Jun-20 09:26:18

Mawnin awl. Wot a wet dae it is. sad

Puzzler61 Thu 18-Jun-20 09:27:34

Good morning Miss I hav to go owt for a cupple ov howrs ? but wil be bak to giv it a twy mid-mawnin.

Pittcity Thu 18-Jun-20 09:28:47

A wink in the question.
Hmmmmm.......

Marydoll Thu 18-Jun-20 09:29:59

I have thought long and hard about this and I don't want to spoil the thread, however, I would like to clarify a few things.

I do enjoy setting the questions, it's as much for my benefit, as it it for others.
Most posters are lovely and I appreciate your kind comments.
However, there have been a few snippy comments to me sad in PMs about the questions being too easy or too difficult and various other complaints.
This thread was meant to be a bit of fun.

I am trying to please a wide audience, but I can't always get it right and please all of the people all of the time. I do not have a maths degree!
You do have to give me marks for trying my best!

The lack of certificates: I had decided to award a golden apple in lieu of a certificate, as posting a certificate, means making it, putting a poster's name on it, then changing it to a jpeg on another program before posting.
I shot myself in the foot there, as that takes time.

Now the serious side is over, do your worst!

Marydoll Thu 18-Jun-20 09:32:18

The puzzle picture is an eight letter word
A hint: you may find it in water.

I will come back later with more hints. It's quite tricky.
It looks like a strawberry, but it's not! grin

Nortsat Thu 18-Jun-20 09:34:00

Is the prise toodae a bowwl ov froot sallad?
If soo, I will ave ice screem wiv myne pleez...?

dragonfly46 Thu 18-Jun-20 09:36:23

That’s not good Miss I think your puzzles is just right. You should get a ‘tificate!

Grannynannywanny Thu 18-Jun-20 09:38:32

Marydoll that’s not fair if you’re having snippy PMs about the questions. I have only discovered this thread in recent weeks and it’s been more than a bit of fun.

It has cheered up gloomy days and the banter has reduced me to tears of laughter on a daily basis.
Thank you Miss and oll mine frends ??

Pantglas2 Thu 18-Jun-20 09:59:05

Mournin Miss and orl ewe urlee gurls ? I av bin perpearin orl the froot Miss az borted fore owr froot salud an cornayshun mylk fore pwddin afta lunsh ???????

Wiv orl the work Miss pwts intoo owr lessunsI fink Miss deesurvs a Stiffgit to pwt a smyle on er fayce agen?. praps she cud ask er mirer to elp er pwt it upin the bedrwm.....

Bathsheba Thu 18-Jun-20 10:04:34

Good heavens, snippy comments? What on earth is the matter with people! You have been amazing, creating this fun thread for us all to enjoy every day.

Thank you Marydoll for all the work you put into these threads - I know all of us 'gurls' really appreciate it! Those complainers should be ashamed of themselves angry

Pittcity Thu 18-Jun-20 10:08:55

If I finded vat in me Warter I wood need a docter....

We Luv u Miss ❤️

CraftyGranny Thu 18-Jun-20 10:18:58

Miss dus werk vewy ard for hour lesons.
Dis fred is awlwas fun an we awl luv ar teechur
I luk forwud to vis evwy dae.
It is de bestest fred on GN

mary51 Thu 18-Jun-20 10:35:36

My first post half hour ago hasn't gone!

Just wanted to add that this is a great class and so much more fun than real school was. None if those quadwatick equayshuns here.

Done first will have look at pic later.

thanks flowers for Miss.

Doodle Thu 18-Jun-20 10:46:56

Marydoll I’m really sad you have had snippy PMs about this thread.
Most of us know how ill you’ve been and the pain you are in most days. We are truly grateful you make the effort to entertain us in this lockdown. Some of the puzzles are easy and some difficult as you say it’s a bit of fun.
There are many many other games threads. If someone doesn’t like this one let them start their own or go on the others. This thread has brought together many of us who didn’t know each other before, we’ve had huge laughs and giggles and we are truly grateful to you.

Doodle Thu 18-Jun-20 10:55:21

Mornin eberweewun.
nortsat wot eyescream duz you lik bess. I lik torbewy.?
pants dats a nyse froot salud. Youz wyl be buzy cutin dem up. Az yous Depty perfect wud yu lik me two elp yu?
mary don go gibin Miss eyedaz abot quadwatick equayshuns ?. Wez mite git sum.

Nortsat Thu 18-Jun-20 11:07:55

Hoow redickluss that Mizz is gettin snippy messiguz ... the moaners shud ‘snippy offf’.

Doodle eye’ll ave choklit eye screem, pleez ...

Kalu Thu 18-Jun-20 11:10:54

I’m fizzing with anger Marydoll. The bloody cheek of some people! You have given up your time every day preparing a light hearted, terrific thread, which many of us appreciate. Thank you?

For those realising the thread isn’t tailor made to your liking may I suggest you join another thread which is. Good luck with that search!

Puzzler61 Thu 18-Jun-20 11:34:10

Miss Mary I’m shocked too.
I love the atmosphere of the classroom and appreciate the effort you go to each day regardless of how you feel. A big THANK YOU. It’s a thread of F U N. The complainers would be doing us all a favour to go elsewhere.
? ?

Puzzler61 Thu 18-Jun-20 11:36:19

PS I av pee emmed yoo Miss, but owly da algebwa at da moment coz I jus got bak home owt of da rain.
I’m starin at dat piktur but nuffink is comin inta mi Bwayn.
I fink it is waterlogged ?

Puzzler61 Thu 18-Jun-20 11:37:45

Doodle may I have mint n chok chip ise cream pleez? ?

silverlining48 Thu 18-Jun-20 11:50:16

I have sent my answer as a pm but just want to say thank you for your time and effort ( even if I can’t always get it right)!

Doodle Thu 18-Jun-20 11:54:22

pants I fink wez need loza eyescream and bitz to mak ebewy wuns favrit. Wez kan myz dem up in ickle bouls. ?

Callistemon Thu 18-Jun-20 12:04:10

Oh, for goodness' sake, what is the matter with some people!

I feel cross that people are sending nasty pms to you Marydoll. Have they got nothing better to do than complain and moan?
Tell them to get proactive and start their own bloomin' threads with complex quadratic equations if they wish.

We're happy with *MissMarydoll's' puzzles.
We're not at work now.

CraftyGranny Thu 18-Jun-20 12:08:09

Am I aloud rum and raysin eyescreme Doodle? I dunt fink it is rele alkuhol an I do lyk it.