Some of the limericks on the Gransnet threads are really good and worthy of publication I think . Some don’t keep to the rules. I know games are for enjoyment and it’s all about the taking part but I wondered if anyone else would feel like me ? Could we have a thread of limericks which stick to the 88558 syllable rules ? I hope it’s not out of order to suggest this. What do gamesters think? AIBU ?
? Yes. This is the very refined limericks thread. ? Annum. You could start a naughty limericks thread ? I’ll start you off . Rumpy Pumpy sat on a wall Only joking ??♀️
here was an old man from Featherstonhaugh Who rode in an old coach and four Two horses went lame And I got the blame For driving them hard on the moor .
We’d gone down the lane to Cholmondeley With a lass who was quite comely She was crimped and coiffed Dressed just in her shift The coachman reacted dumbly