Gransnet forums

Games

A new and humorous story - add a couple of sentences

(111 Posts)
nanna8 Tue 20-Apr-21 14:07:05

One day Mrs. N. Parker was doing her usual,watching her neighbours from her upstairs bedroom through the net
curtains. She peered at the young couple next door and to her surprise she saw them ....

fairfraise Thu 22-Apr-21 08:44:41

What a racket thought Nora. She asked Robert to come to the back room with her where it was quieter. No more wine for you. Have a cup of tea.

FarNorth Thu 22-Apr-21 08:11:53

Well, that did it!
Soon all the neighbours were in their gardens making a cacophony with anything resembling a musical instrument they could grab hold of.

Hutcho Wed 21-Apr-21 21:12:49

Quick, quick! N. Parker shouted. Do any of you know how to play the violin?

Savvy Wed 21-Apr-21 19:31:36

It was then that she spotted the second de Niro, the one trying to steal the parrot.

fairfraise Wed 21-Apr-21 18:01:53

Nora stared at him in horror and vowed that never again would she serve her pea pod wine. She thought about dialling 999. But then he stirred and she said "How's your head?"

Calendargirl Wed 21-Apr-21 15:04:55

“Robert de Niro’s waiting, Talking...Italian”

Savvy Wed 21-Apr-21 14:34:33

tiredoldwoman

oops sorry , ignore my post , I've spoiled the story !

Yours has more possibilities, so ignore mine.

tiredoldwoman Wed 21-Apr-21 13:52:28

oops sorry , ignore my post , I've spoiled the story !

tiredoldwoman Wed 21-Apr-21 13:17:39

A parrot cage and a packet of anti histamine tablets . He moved to the window whispering 'Polly , my sweet come to your Uncle Bob , you're worth a fortune to me ' . Polly was being sunned out in the garden , but she had spied Robert de Niro and shouted .......

Savvy Wed 21-Apr-21 13:11:38

Sorry LindaPat cross posted!

Savvy Wed 21-Apr-21 13:10:41

But he accepted the offer of a glass of wine.

After just one sip the room began to spin and he landed with a thud against the window in full view of the stunned protesters.

LindaPat Wed 21-Apr-21 13:07:51

Si,gratzi senora, he answered. But while she was in the kitchen he opened the violin case and took out.....

Calendargirl Wed 21-Apr-21 13:01:52

He recoiled, shocked to see all the age related freckles and spots thereon, quite forgetting that he too, was no longer in the first flush of youth, and was having to resort to taking part in tv adverts instead of Hollywood blockbusters.

tiredoldwoman Wed 21-Apr-21 12:57:36

Would you like a glass of my home made wine , she asked .

tiredoldwoman Wed 21-Apr-21 12:56:36

It was Robert de Niro ( talking Italian) , looking for a room to rent . Bon giorno , he said kissing the back of her hand ........

BigBertha1 Wed 21-Apr-21 10:04:14

What was strange was that a man in a dark suit and Raybans arrived at Mrs Parkers door carrying what looked like a violin case.

fairfraise Wed 21-Apr-21 08:50:57

Mrs Bucket who lived opposite fetched a piece of cardboard and a felt pen and wrote "Nora Parker isjust fine. Leave her alone. She brings me a glass of home made wine and she's OK to know". She stood outside and held it high.

tiredoldwoman Wed 21-Apr-21 08:01:48

Nosey Parkers and Noisy Parrots Rule ok !
Kate Moss got involved , strutted her stuff on the catwalk naked under the anorak , Nigella thought the large N was for her , but no matter they........

nanna8 Wed 21-Apr-21 02:16:00

Many neighbours signed the petition but others got wind of it and decided to organise a March against the petitioners for discrimination against the nosy people in our midst. They organised anoraks embroidered with large N s...

FarNorth Wed 21-Apr-21 01:39:17

Fred Higgles at no 9 started a petition to the council : "We demand that Mrs N Parker be rehoused far away from Snoots Bank."
(Snoots Bank was the name of the area they lived in.)

BrightandBreezy Wed 21-Apr-21 00:37:05

It was clear that things were going down hill rapidly and they all thought that Mrs Parker definitely lowered the tone of the area.

Savvy Wed 21-Apr-21 00:13:51

Tutted loudly in their disapproval and sadly shook their heads.

nanna8 Wed 21-Apr-21 00:06:53

In her panic she tripped and fell off her stepladder and let rip with a mighty shout of the ‘f’ word. Half the neighbourhood heard her and, as this was a very gentile area, they ...

fairfraise Tue 20-Apr-21 21:23:47

That's it now she thought. I can't mend those it will be like joining holes together. So she fetched her little step ladder and climbed up to pull the curtains down. Oh no, they'll see me now!

Savvy Tue 20-Apr-21 21:20:55

The laughter started the parrot off again and soon the air was filled with coloured feathers.