I will read, go for a walk,do puzzles or phone someone if I need a distraction and feeling down.
What was the first record you ever bought?
How to write your own book, have you had any experience?
Sign up to Gransnet Daily
Our free daily newsletter full of hot threads, competitions and discounts
Subscribe
Hello again and Merry Christmas Questioners and Answerers!?
Not ‘what is the best present that you have received?’, instead;
What is the best present that you have given?
Are you a good gifter?
(I’m going to have to think about it, but I do think that I’m rather good at choosing presents)
I will read, go for a walk,do puzzles or phone someone if I need a distraction and feeling down.
What was the first record you ever bought?
I was going to say pizza but the last one I had was really greasy.Fish and chips with mushy peas with tartar/ketchup I'd go for tonight.
If you fancy a drink when you're feeling low but you know it's not good for you how do you distract yourself from giving in to it.
Any colour, bright gerbera, pastel freesia but please don’t send me cut roses. I love them but they die on me before they burst into bloom.
Shall I have takeaway for dinner? Haven’t had that for ages. If you like takeaway, what would you have?
I don’t believe in broken hearts, as we have to carry on and hopefully love again, but I do believe in a great sadness. Aged 17 I fell for the boss’s son, Jewish, he ended it as I wasn’t.
Do you like colourful or pale/white flowers?
Yes I do and Istill think about him, though I believe he is dead now.
What age were you when your heart was broken, if it ever was ?
Possibly, I've never been to Portugal but it looks nice. Brittany would be my preference as I've happy memories of the region.
Do you remember the first time your heart was broken?
Yes definitely. I love Portugal, the people, the food , everything in fact and wouldn’t hesitate.
Same question again ??
In my present circumstances, definitely not, but in other circs I probably would.
Are you thinking about it henetha? Is there anything in particular putting you off?
Same question re Portugal, so henetha can get more answers! 
I was a Liberal for many years when I was young, and once fell down an entire flight of stairs at the Liberal headquarters in London. Posh people like David Steel and Paddy Ashdown were present, and I felt such a prat. Luckily the carpets were thick and of good quality so I wasn't seriously hurt. I hid in the ladies toilet for ages afterwards.
If you had the chance to go to Portugal in April, would you go?
Oh yes. The cat brings them in and lets them go. Ditto frogs.
She’s a lovely cat, she wouldn’t hurt a fly.
We live a similar area, semi rural.
I even had a baby rat in my bedroom once.
What is the stupidest clumsy, daft accident that you have had?
I once managed to almost shut my head in a car door.
Im a busy bee as I run a home business in my 70s. But not as active as I used to be!
Have you ever had mice?
I once lived in on the edge of the city near open country so small field mouse got in. Managed to catch it and put it back outside. Cheeky sod was sleeping in my bed so trapped it under a pan.
Rain here too so no walks probably.
Are you a busy bee or a bit of a sloth?
Yes, it’s a good place to meet up and swap books recommendations with real people. I like online discussions but face to face is great. I do use Borrowbox as well. It was great during lockdown but faced with shelves full of books I often find one I wouldn’t have thought of trying.
We are promised rain this weekend. What’s on the weather agenda for you?
No, I like slightly scruffy men. Longish hair etc.
Do you use your local library.?
I now use a combination, bus about twice a week, train into nearest city and driving the rest. I do enjoy public transport, I like seeing people! But the car is very useful.
Do you find men in uniform attractive?
In my old house I used to have loads but got rid of most of them when I downsized.
Do you drive everywhere or use buses?
Yes! A couple of years ago I was eating a tuna sandwich on Paignton seafront when suddenly there was a thud into the back of my head and this gigantic (well, he seemed gigantic!) seagull grabbed my sandwich out of my hand! Some bits dropped on the floor and suddenly there were several seagulls all fighting over it and crashing into my feet. It was terrifying!
Do you have lots of ornaments? I have, but hope my family won't buy me any more.
FannyCornforth
No. I’ve not really been on many holidays like that.
I’ve been to Goa twice, and always put my sunbed under a tree.
Unfortunately it once resulted in a huge crow pooing on me, which is a lot worse than it sounds.
After that they were referred to as Goan Tree Dogs
What was the last TV show, book, and meal that you have really enjoyed?
Oh god!that really sounds horrible I know
the feeling. Once something pooed down the back of my neck and on my suit.Being a bit slow I couldn't work out what the most slimey stuff was on my hand,then it dawned on me and I got upset walking back to the office ,thinking why me
I like tea in the morning, but not with oat milk my family all like it now.
Have you ever had a seagull take food from your hand.My son settled down with a falaval on Brighton beach last year when a big grey seagull grabbed it from his hand
Yes. ‘The Gilded Age’, I’m waiting for them all to be available. It hasn’t had the best reviews though.
What is your first drink of the day?
Disagrees! ?
Dungarees ......for goodness sake!
Yes, I have a pair of disagrees . Just waiting for warmer weather. Though now I have remembered them I think I might wear them today.
I am really looking forward to a newly advertised programme on the tv. ' The Real Romantics, . Has anything been advertised lately that you think I must watch that?
Book T-he Therapist by B.A. Paris- scary
TV show- I revisited 'A Place to Call Home" last series. Light and easy to watch
Meal- last night we had garlic flavoured rissoles, cauliflower cheese and air fryer roast potatoes. Easy peesy but tasty.
Since Covid, do you have stuff in your wardrobe that is new but you never wear?
No. I’ve not really been on many holidays like that.
I’ve been to Goa twice, and always put my sunbed under a tree.
Unfortunately it once resulted in a huge crow pooing on me, which is a lot worse than it sounds.
After that they were referred to as Goan Tree Dogs
What was the last TV show, book, and meal that you have really enjoyed?
I've never seen it happen but think I would
Do you get up early or get your partner to claim a sunbed on holiday.
This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion
Get our top conversations, latest advice, fantastic competitions, and more, straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.