Gransnet forums

Games

Ask the Person Below You a Question:❓ ?‍♀️ Fifth Thread!

(1001 Posts)
FannyCornforth Wed 15-Dec-21 13:58:56

Hello again and Merry Christmas Questioners and Answerers!?

Not ‘what is the best present that you have received?’, instead;

What is the best present that you have given?
Are you a good gifter?

(I’m going to have to think about it, but I do think that I’m rather good at choosing presents)

FannyCornforth Tue 05-Apr-22 08:12:27

Not really.
Onto new thread! smile

hollysteers Mon 04-Apr-22 23:15:00

Princess Anne, Prince Edward, Prince Andrew, Daniel Barenboim through singing. Better stop there Holly?

Have you been on TV or radio?

AGAA4 Mon 04-Apr-22 13:27:04

Yes. I have 6 GCs ages ranging from 19 to the youngest who is almost 3.
I love them all and they have given me so many happy times. Also have my ACs who are very precious.

CrazyH I keep my heating on all day but turn off at night.

Have you met anyone famous? I spoke to John Hannah in soft play area years ago.

DanniRae Mon 04-Apr-22 12:58:09

We have looked after our darling grandson a couple of days a week. He was just walking when we first had him now he is a proper little boy - 3 very soon - chatty and lively. Luckily he loves coming to us. He is off to nursery in September so will not be coming to us anymore - but, of course, we will still see him - his mum and dad visit often and he comes and stays the night with us from time to time. As I have said on here many times before we were 70 and 75 when we became grandparents and nothing prepared us for how much we would love this little boy. Happily since he was born we became grandparent again to our lovely grandaughter - our son and d-i-l's baby.
We are truly blessed! smile (Sorry this is so long - I get carried away talking about my darling grandchildren!!)

Do you feel that you are blessed in your life

crazyH Mon 04-Apr-22 12:57:47

Looked after my daughter’s children from the time she returned to work after maternity leave, till they started University. I did 2 days a week, and her parents-in-law did it 3 days. My sons have young children now, but I don’t do any “looking after” except the odd babysitting if they aren’t well and daughter-in-law has to run errands.

Who else is keeping the heating on 24/7 because it has been said that it is the best way to keep the house warm and save on heating .

FannyCornforth Mon 04-Apr-22 11:49:46

I don’t have any GC or children for that matter, so I’ll pass that question on!
I’m just keeping an eye in the thread as we shall be needing a new one soon! smile

AGAA4 Mon 04-Apr-22 10:32:57

Yes but present events. I used to look after DD1s 2 children while she worked.
I had DD2 14 years after her and now I feel guilty for not being able to do the same for my younger DD
as I am in my mid 70s and have arthritis now.

Have you or do you look after your GCs?

hollysteers Mon 04-Apr-22 10:10:26

Same here. I got very upset first lockdown when you could only have someone in the garden and I invited a couple of friends for coffee who cancelled last minute. I’d gone to a lot of trouble and the loneliness was getting to me.
I cry a lot over my DH who died in 2016.

Do you have guilt over some past events?

BBbevan Mon 04-Apr-22 09:56:11

No never met a GNer. But would quite like to.

I have been very tearful over lockdown. Is there anything particular which makes you cry?

FannyCornforth Mon 04-Apr-22 03:37:29

I had a dream about JaneJudge and her eldest son tonight, which was a bit odd!
We do pm and email each other a lot, but I have no idea what she looks like!

Same question, and /or, have you ever met another Gnetter?

Mollygo Mon 04-Apr-22 01:38:10

Walked - in KS1 or cycled in KS2, and for high school, caught a bus. We didn’t have a car.

Recent GN topics have been about doorstep milk deliveries and separate duvets on double beds, both of which I’ve then experienced in real life. (Milkman touting for business last Thursday and our hotel has separate duvets).
Do you ever find things you read on GN turn up in your life?

hollysteers Mon 04-Apr-22 00:40:58

South Africa.

How did you travel to school?

crazyH Sun 03-Apr-22 23:00:31

Yes I do. On my last holiday to Marrakesh, I spent the whole afternoon after arrival, sleeping. I was so tired and it wasn’t that long a flight, but hanging around the airports really got to me. I dont think I’ll go abroad again….

What’s the longest journey (including waiting at airports) you’ve undertaken? Mine was to Columbia, 28 hours total ?

AGAA4 Sun 03-Apr-22 20:41:24

I walk along the canal paths sometimes and see the barges sailing along. I have thought it would be a relaxing way to spend a holiday.

Do you get put off holidaying abroad because of airports?
I have had delayed flights and spent most of the day in the airport so it does make me think twice about travelling.

SachaMac Sun 03-Apr-22 18:55:49

Yes but in the UK, haven’t been abroad since the first lockdowns started, my passport now needs renewing.

Have you ever been on or considered a boating holiday.

BBbevan Sun 03-Apr-22 17:37:13

Real I think, but quite honestly I couldn’t care less about that group of entitled people.

Have you booked a holiday for this year?

hollysteers Sun 03-Apr-22 17:26:49

Quite a few over the years.

Do you think the Oscar slap was real or faked?

Juliet27 Sun 03-Apr-22 17:09:07

Yes, men’s joggers M&S 2 for £20 which fit me perfectly. I’m not telling the size !!

Have you many bargains that you’ve bought but never worn?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 03-Apr-22 16:44:08

I'm very urban, new build, so little in the way of nature here, sadly. A while back I saw a grey squirrel but I've never seen hedgehogs or foxes.

Have you made a small purchase lately with which you are very pleased?

henetha Sun 03-Apr-22 10:24:04

Yes, just a glimpse, in Scotland I think it was, years ago.
There are loads of grey ones around here. And I once saw a black one, in Toronto.

Do you regularly get hedgehogs in your garden? Or foxes?

DanniRae Sun 03-Apr-22 07:55:16

Yes - they try and get food out of the bird feeder.

Have you ever seen a red squirrel? We saw some in Jersey Zoo. They weren't part of the zoo, I hasten to add. Just on a visit, like us smile

Juliet27 Sun 03-Apr-22 07:06:30

My favourite is Beech. Such a soft green in the spring and yellow and orange in the autumn. They make good hedges too with dead leaves remaining on them in the winter when I like to hear the wind rustling them.

Do you get squirrels in the garden?

BBbevan Sun 03-Apr-22 07:03:07

Missed one there, and yes we once had a male teacher in school who was quite whiffs. I think the headteacher had a word with him and things certainly improved. But he did more on quite soon after. Perhaps he was embarrassed.

? As above please

BBbevan Sat 02-Apr-22 19:11:36

Only in my student days when I walked from Aldermaston to London, on a ‘Ban the Bomb’ March.

Do you have a favourite tree? We have a large oak in our garden. It is glorious

AGAA4 Sat 02-Apr-22 14:55:04

No but there are some I may have gone on if I hadn't had children to look after. I feel I am too old to now.

Have you ever had a colleague with a body odour problem and what would you do sensitively?

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion