Gransnet forums

Games

Ask the Person Below You a Question:❓ ?‍♀️ Fifth Thread!

(1001 Posts)
FannyCornforth Wed 15-Dec-21 13:58:56

Hello again and Merry Christmas Questioners and Answerers!?

Not ‘what is the best present that you have received?’, instead;

What is the best present that you have given?
Are you a good gifter?

(I’m going to have to think about it, but I do think that I’m rather good at choosing presents)

hollysteers Sat 02-Apr-22 12:26:06

I keep it on charge most of the time. I think I need a new phone.

Have you ever been on a demonstration?

henetha Sat 02-Apr-22 12:08:56

My finger nails are a nice shape. Struggling to think of anything else... But I do try to be nice to people, - most of the time! There's too much nastiness in the world.

How often do you have to charge up your phone?

crazyH Fri 01-Apr-22 18:29:27

My tummy - always have to wear loose tops ?.

What do you like about yourself?

henetha Fri 01-Apr-22 17:07:18

Apart from the nice young man who cuts the grass I do it myself and it's getting more difficult with my pesky back. But I love it and mainly stick to pots now so will carry on regardless.

Is there anything about yourself which you particularly dislike?
Your looks, or a characteristic?

hollysteers Fri 01-Apr-22 16:37:04

I record programmes I like on regular tv and skip adverts.

If you have a garden, do you tend it yourself or have help?

AGAA4 Fri 01-Apr-22 16:34:56

Hardly ever now. I watch iPlayer quite a bit and Netflix or Amazon prime.

What era of music do you prefer?

BBbevan Fri 01-Apr-22 15:22:01

We have a smart meter.

We seem to very rarely watch regular t.v. these days. iplayer often or other streaming channels. Do you still watch regular television?

biglouis Fri 01-Apr-22 14:44:49

Yes I feel the cold very badly and got out my furry poncho today (with a coat on top) to sit outside and do a photo shoot for my shop. It was freeeeeeezing - just like winter.

Did read your meters yesterday? Or do you have a smart meter.

I entered mine online on thursday.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 01-Apr-22 12:26:56

No, I'm still wearing them. I changed to my light weight dressing gown last week as the weather warmed up but now it's chilly again I've changed back - so watch out for warmer weather again.

Are you 'doomed' in a similar fashion?

Mollygo Fri 01-Apr-22 10:54:41

For getting in and out, 4x4 cars.
For speed, low, fast cars.
For fuel prices, Nissan Micra.
I have none of the above.

Had you started to put your winter clothes away?

BBbevan Fri 01-Apr-22 10:45:11

A Jeep Wrangler.

Are you a 4x4 person or do you like low, fast cars?

AGAA4 Thu 31-Mar-22 16:47:52

I usually just have a light breakfast. The cooked ones look good but tend to give me indigestion these days.

What car would you have if money was no object?

SachaMac Thu 31-Mar-22 16:24:25

We had a covering of snow here this morning (Derbyshire) it’s been bitter cold with snowstorms throughout the day, the last one at 3pm was very heavy but luckily it’s not settled and the sun is out now.

When staying in a hotel do you prefer a continental breakfast or a full English or a cooked breakfast. I like a full English or eggs Benedict.

biglouis Thu 31-Mar-22 15:54:05

No, because I would get bored. I would only stay there if I felt ill or had not slept properly the night before. I have a relative who often spends the day in bed (elderly)

Did you have any snow in your part of the country today?

There was frost on my lawn when I got up and the air has a distinct chill. Had to put heating back on.

hollysteers Thu 31-Mar-22 14:55:13

Yes and sometimes other chocolates in place of an egg.

Do you ever spend a day in bed for no particular reason?

BBbevan Thu 31-Mar-22 14:53:29

No, I usually sleep with my feet outside the covers anyway as they get hot.

Do you buy adults an Easter egg? I always buy one for DH, my DD and her DH and my DS and his family.

henetha Thu 31-Mar-22 11:33:54

I wear scarves a lot but don't think the word elegance ever applies to me. grin

Do you wear bedsocks? I find I get less cramp at night if I do.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 31-Mar-22 11:32:11

I love hats but rarely wear one these days.

Can you wear a scarf with elegance?

AGAA4 Thu 31-Mar-22 08:50:52

No. I think it would be very uncomfortable.

Do you like hats? I watch old films sometimes and men and women used to always wear a hat.

FannyCornforth Thu 31-Mar-22 07:47:06

I’d definitely wear a silk head scarf.
I used to have a shaved head in my early 20s. I admit that it looked really good and suited me, but I am far too fat in the face to carry it off now.
I could never wear a wig as I would get too hot and bothered and I have sensory issues.
My dad’s wife has alopecia, and she wears wigs and looks fabulous.

Have you ever worn a wig?

hollysteers Wed 30-Mar-22 17:19:22

Yes, a couple. I have just stopped using a light outside my bedroom at night to save electricity.

If you lost your hair through chemo or alopecia, would you go out bald or wear a wig?

Mollygo Wed 30-Mar-22 17:02:41

Uncertain. (Devil you know) How would one be chosen? It would still be someone rich and we’d still pay for the job and the election process and we don’t do so well with satisfactory elections.

Have any houses near you got outdoor lights that stay on all night? Not good for the environment.

AGAA4 Wed 30-Mar-22 16:41:50

CrazyH I do sometimes have a burst of energy and do a lot of jobs but not often.

biglouis I didn't watch the memorial service and I agree that the Royal Family is losing favour.

Would you prefer a head of state to a queen or king?

biglouis Wed 30-Mar-22 16:32:15

Im not one to go searching for gifts. I usually just give cash or gift cards and then people can buy what they like.

Did you watch the Prince Philip memorial service?

I watched some of it on the news but I cant help feeling that with the bad publicity the RF have been getting larely then it may well all fall apart or be drastically modified when HM passes. All this lavish ceremonial seems out of kilter with the extent to which ordinary people are struggling with the cost of living crisis.

crazyH Wed 30-Mar-22 16:13:58

Oh and wiped down the walls beside the splash back - because most of the oil, seems to splutter on the walls rather than the splashback

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion