Gransnet forums

Games

Ask a Question to the Person Below: ? 6️⃣

(1001 Posts)
FannyCornforth Tue 05-Apr-22 08:20:18

Hello All! ? ?
I’ve tried to be more grammatically correct with the title this time.

Do you enjoy musical theatre?
??
Which is your favourite?

I love Jesus Christ Superstar; Cabaret; Oliver!; Sweeney Todd; Oklahoma
I could go on and on…

Rockchick61 Mon 11-Apr-22 00:45:33

I am trying to stay away from Tesco Express as I always buy far too much when I go there. Am trying to visit Aldi more now ???

What are peoples favourite singers or bands? Mine is Queen, been a loyal fan since 1974 ??

AGAA4 Mon 11-Apr-22 08:25:52

From my teenage years The Beatles and The Stones but later bands I like Queen too but there are so many that I enjoy listening to.

What is your pet's name?

henetha Mon 11-Apr-22 09:58:33

Wiggy. She's a cockatiel.

Do you like garlic? I bought some chicken slices with garlic and it was absolutely horrible and I can't get rid of the taste.

BBbevan Mon 11-Apr-22 10:02:02

We don’t have one at the moment. Our last ‘pet’ was a cat named Mavis.

Do you like fair ground rides? If so staid ( horses) or a bit more adventurous.? Last one I went on was. chairoplane. Not so long ago either

crazyH Mon 11-Apr-22 10:02:24

Yes - if it is blended with other spices, like ginger etc and yogurt, it makes a good marinade for chicken.

How often do you make a curry or don’t you like curry?

hollysteers Mon 11-Apr-22 10:14:05

I don’t cook much after being widowed, but my son made a curry last night which was very good.

Do you do anything special for Easter?

AGAA4 Mon 11-Apr-22 10:59:25

BBevan I used to love the fairground but got stuck at the top of a big wheel once on a chilly windy night so haven't been since.
Hollysteers I will be spending Easter with my DD but we just have chocolate eggs and buns nothing special.

Have you ever given up chocolate or something else you enjoy?

Mollygo Mon 11-Apr-22 14:11:18

Yes, I regularly gave up chocolate for Lent, until I found I wasn’t eating enough of it to call it a sacrifice.

If you were offered an electric power assisted bike, where would you go in it?

FannyCornforth Mon 11-Apr-22 16:04:05

To the wood at the back of our house. With dog in tow.
So near, yet so far sad

Are you a sporty type?
Watching and / or doing?

AGAA4 Mon 11-Apr-22 16:28:11

Not at all. I hated hockey at school as my legs were always black and blue. Put me off sport for ever.

What do you think is the most important gift a person can have. Compassion, kindness, integrity or something else?

snowberryZ Mon 11-Apr-22 16:39:57

Confidence.
You won't get anywhere in life without it.
Whats your favourite holiday destination?

FannyCornforth Mon 11-Apr-22 17:00:18

Alnmouth in Northumberland.
Or Whitby.

My friend’s wife has (literally) just had a baby son.
What would you name him?

Mollygo Mon 11-Apr-22 17:41:31

All my favourite boys names are either linked with people I don’t like or strange meanings in today’s world.
e.g. I liked Dominic and Jacob.
Is there anything wrong with Daniel yet, or Ioan?

I’m using the same question. What would you name him?

BBbevan Mon 11-Apr-22 17:42:24

Osian, love that name.

If it were a girl what might you suggest?

henetha Wed 13-Apr-22 16:24:39

Some of the old names are popular again. I like Florence or Ruby, or Elizabeth.

Did you have your children christened? Are young parents doing so these days?

AGAA4 Wed 13-Apr-22 16:48:50

Mine were all christened but my GCs aren't.

What book are you reading now?

Mollygo Wed 13-Apr-22 22:46:15

Brief Candles, by Manning Coles. It’s a slightly comic historical ghost story. It suddenly popped up on my Kindle suggestions. Not my usual genre, but I’m enjoying it.

If there was a large group of young people across from your house around midnight, would you be worried?

hollysteers Wed 13-Apr-22 23:42:32

No, as long as they kept to themselves.
I grew up in an inner city, so noise at night doesn’t bother me.

Have you done an ancestry test?

FannyCornforth Thu 14-Apr-22 03:33:11

No. I really don’t think that I’d find anything of much interest.
My dad has done quite a bit of family history research, and we seem to be a very Anglo Saxon bunch, with a bit of Celt thrown in.

Anyone else done it? Have you Holly?

henetha Thu 14-Apr-22 09:39:34

Yes, I did a DNA thing a year or two ago and loved the result.
Whether or not it's accurate, I love the idea that I am 20 percent Viking. And 15 percent Iberian. And 20 percent Scottish. etc.
And it put me in touch with a first cousin once removed in Vancouver and I know so much more about my real background now because her hobby is genealogy.

Are you clever with your technology? Or for ever having to ask for help, like me? My new pc is very mysterious.

nanna8 Thu 14-Apr-22 09:56:17

I’m reasonable because I am sec of a large organisation but unless you are using it everyday it is easy to lose touch.
Would you go on a cruise these days? I’d love to but still nervous even though I have had Covid.

BBbevan Thu 14-Apr-22 10:14:13

We have been on lots of cruises but have not booked another yet. May do perhaps next year, but we shall see.

Are you an early riser? We have changed the bed, just put first lot of washing on the line, Done some financial stuff on the computer, dead headed the daffodils and planted some seeds.And it is only just after 10.

hollysteers Thu 14-Apr-22 10:58:54

No, I’m a night bird and find it hard to get going in the morning, even if I go to bed at 10, I feel like death. I am much better at night. Just as well as singing at night has been a major part of my life.
Fanny yes I did a test and was 60% English then Irish as expected and somewhere near Russia. The family mythology of Italian didn’t show up.

Have you written down memories of your life to leave behind or for your own interest?

AGAA4 Thu 14-Apr-22 15:34:42

I haven't but it is a good idea.

Do you think you are fit for your age?

Mollygo Thu 14-Apr-22 18:15:13

Quite fit, swim, jog, cycle, but I still can’t do press-ups!

Anyone else have a measure by which they decide if they’re fit?

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion