Gransnet forums

Games

LIMERICKS (April 2025 contd August 2026)

(189 Posts)
Magenta8 Sat 08-Aug-26 09:35:25

I would have liked to have a chat (First line)

MollyNew Sat 03-Oct-26 10:34:09

My grandfather was a proud Scot
For others he gave not a jot
A Celt through and through

hollysteers Sat 03-Oct-26 10:14:47

My grandfather was a proud Scot
For others he gave not a jot

Magenta8 Sat 03-Oct-26 08:02:05

This grandmother kept the odd pig
And swore that it could dance a jig
And just for a craic
We kept coming back
Just to see the pig smoke a cig

My grandfather was a proud Scot

hollysteers Sat 03-Oct-26 01:16:51

This grandmother kept the odd pig
And swore that it could dance a jig
And just for the craic
We kept coming back

Shel1951 Thu 01-Oct-26 11:33:14

This grandmother kept the odd pig
And swore that it could dance a jig
And just for the craic

henetha Thu 01-Oct-26 10:49:32

This grandmother kept the odd pig
And swore that it could dance a jig

hollysteers Thu 01-Oct-26 08:48:31

My grandmother was Irish born
Her stories and jokes were well worn
She cooked Irish stew
Danced a jig or two
And made us strong tea every morn.

This grandmother kept the odd pig

Magenta8 Wed 30-Sept-26 19:32:00

My grandmother was Irish born
Her stories and jokes were well-worn
She cooked Irish stew
Danced a jig or two

MollyNew Wed 30-Sept-26 18:18:13

My grandmother was Irish born
Her stories and jokes were well-worn
She cooked Irish Stew

GoldenLady Wed 30-Sept-26 15:21:31

My grandmother was Irish born
Her stories and jokes were well-worn

hollysteers Wed 30-Sept-26 13:41:40

A baker from down Dorset way
Came to visit me for the day
He brought Dorset pies
Enormous in size
My size now I’m frightened to weigh!

My grandmother was Irish born

henetha Wed 30-Sept-26 11:23:55

A baker from down Dorset way
Came to visit me for the day
He brought Dorset pies
Enormous in size

GoldenLady Tue 29-Sept-26 20:54:28

A baker from down Dorset way
Came to visit me for the day
He brought Dorset pies

Magenta8 Tue 29-Sept-26 17:06:34

A baker from down Dorset way
Came to visit me for the day

SpinDriftCoastal Tue 29-Sept-26 12:06:16

The new moon shone over the bay
As the stars came out to play
What a beautiful night!
Such a magical sight,
I knew I just had to stay.

A baker from down Dorset way

henetha Tue 29-Sept-26 11:39:25

The new moon shone over the bay
As the stars came out to play
What a beautiful night!
Such a magical sight,

GoldenLady Mon 28-Sept-26 20:01:18

The new moon shone over the bay
As the stars came out to play
What a beautiful night!

SpinDriftCoastal Mon 28-Sept-26 19:21:20

The new moon shone over the bay
As the stars came out to play

Magenta8 Mon 28-Sept-26 15:19:13

I guessed Bianco and whitey
Or a better name might be mighty
But whatever you choose
I'll sure dodge the poos
And teeth because he is bitey

The new moon shone over the bay

hollysteers Mon 28-Sept-26 10:22:05

I guessed Bianco and whitey
Or a better name might be Mighty
But whatever you choose
I’ll sure dodge the poos

Shel1951 Mon 28-Sept-26 08:21:31

I guessed Bianco and whitey
Or a better name might be mighty
But whatever you choose

GoldenLady Fri 25-Sept-26 18:49:14

I guessed bianco and whitey
Or a better name might be Mighty

hollysteers Thu 24-Sept-26 18:09:23

I guessed bianco and whitey
He certainly was a beauty

Magenta8 Thu 24-Sept-26 17:23:56

A little white cat called Snow
Would purr and miaow a hello
I said "What's your name?"
He asked, "this a game?"
"Oh wouldn't you just like to know"

I guessed bianco and whitey

crazyH Thu 24-Sept-26 16:55:15

A little white cat called Snow
Would purr and miaow a hello
I said “What’s your name?”
He asked, “this a game?”