Gransnet forums

Christmas

Yes I know it is early but....

(2 Posts)
karmalady Sun 11-Oct-26 16:27:12

I do try to have a project for the `long` holiday and have found one for this year, no point waiting to buy the bits, clogging up the delivery vans when they will be packed full to the brim for the last-minute shoppers

One year, the first Christmas after I was widowed, I bought a spinning wheel kit, bare wood and all in pieces. Assembly kept me busy for weeks and I use that lovely wheel often

I did not bother with a project last year but went down the disposable route, big mistake

karmalady Sun 11-Oct-26 16:36:51

This year I am going to make a pure-wool coat, a complicated pattern with many pieces, called the Janzi coat by Elbe. I found and ordered a lovely fabric and the Bemberg cupro lining is ordered somewhere else and the special interfacing and shoulder pads and beautiful buttons somewhere else

It is about having all the ducks in a row this year

No more silly advent calendars for me, nor the snacks that put pounds on me and take many months to lose. All I need is something to keep me occupied with a good product at the end.