Gransnet forums

Games

LIMERICKS (April 2025 contd August 2026)

(189 Posts)
Magenta8 Sat 08-Aug-26 09:35:25

I would have liked to have a chat (First line)

Magenta8 Sat 12-Sept-26 07:30:09

My favourite time of the year
Spring, seeing daffodils gives cheer
Snowdrops oh so white
Crocus, aconite

crazyH Fri 11-Sept-26 21:19:37

My favourite time of the year
Spring, seeing daffodils gives cheer
Snowdrops oh so white

MollyNew Fri 11-Sept-26 21:16:32

My favourite time of the year
Spring, seeing daffodils gives cheer

GoldenLady Fri 11-Sept-26 14:05:58

I thought that was a real cute verse
Said the vicar who hijacked the hearse
It rhymed.and it scanned
So couldn’t be banned!
Yes, it could have been a lot worse

My favorite time of the year

Crocus5 Fri 11-Sept-26 13:58:14

I thought that was a real cute verse
Said the vicar who hijacked the hearse
It rhymed.and it scanned
So couldn’t be banned!

Magenta8 Fri 11-Sept-26 10:47:04

I thought that was a real cute verse
Said the vicar who hijacked the hearse
It rhymed and it scanned

Shel1951 Fri 11-Sept-26 08:10:20

I thought that was a real cute verse
Said the vicar who hijacked the hearse

crazyH Fri 11-Sept-26 00:56:12

I’m looking forward to meeting
The man who’ll fix my central heating
Poetically speaking
His help I’m seeking
To stop me and mine from freezing

I thought that was a real cute verse

hollysteers Thu 10-Sept-26 22:54:07

I’m looking forward to meeting
The man who’ll fix my central heating
Poetically speaking
His help I’m seeking

GoldenLady Thu 10-Sept-26 14:55:04

I'm looking forward to meeting
The man who'll fix my central heating
Poetically speaking? blush

MollyNew Thu 10-Sept-26 13:34:07

I'm looking forward to meeting
The man who'll fix my central heating

crazyH Wed 09-Sept-26 21:29:52

In Pendle were witches galore
Up on their broomsticks they would soar
In 1612 - what a year!
witches walked in fear
Don’t know the story, I’m a bore

I’m looking forward to meeting

SpinDriftCoastal Wed 09-Sept-26 20:25:01

In Pendle were witches galore
Up on their broomsticks they would soar
In 1612 - what a year!
The Pendle witches walked in fear

GoldenLady Wed 09-Sept-26 15:29:39

In Pendle were witches galore
Up on their broomsticks they would soar
In 1612 - what a year!

Magenta8 Wed 09-Sept-26 07:47:52

In Pendle were witches galore
Up on their broomsticks they would soar

hollysteers Wed 09-Sept-26 06:46:16

The children will soon trick and treat
I’ll give them some chocolate to eat
A pumpkin perhaps
Can we eat them in wraps?
A very unusual feat.

In Pendle were witches galore

GoldenLady Mon 07-Sept-26 15:52:58

The children will soon trick and treat
I’ll give them some chocolate to eat
A pumpkin perhaps
Can we eat them in wraps?

nanna8 Mon 07-Sept-26 12:48:03

The children will soon trick and treat
I’ll give them some chocolate to eat
A pumpkin perhaps

henetha Mon 07-Sept-26 12:27:26

The children will soon trick and treat
I'll give them some chocolate to eat

hollysteers Sun 06-Sept-26 17:28:34

So quickly the shops change their wares
And autumn brings in its own fares
Irresistible pumpkin spice
Is ten times as nice
And I’ll bake some homely spiced pears.

The children will soon trick and treat

SpinDriftCoastal Sun 06-Sept-26 16:19:03

So quickly the shops change their wares
And autumn brings in its own fares
Irresistable pumpkin spice
Is ten times as nice

GoldenLady Sat 05-Sept-26 15:25:47

So quickly the shops change their wares
And autumn brings in its own fares
Irresistable pumpkin spice

SpinDriftCoastal Sat 05-Sept-26 08:51:10

So quickly the shops change their wares
And autumn brings in its own fares

hollysteers Fri 04-Sept-26 21:36:51

Oh joy! Autumn is here at last
This summer is thankfully past
There’ll be cooler days
So the weatherman says
And winter might just be a blast.

So quickly the shops change their wares

MollyNew Fri 04-Sept-26 20:32:01

Oh joy! Autumn is here at last
This summer is thankfully past
There'll be cooler days
So the weatherman says