Gransnet forums

Gardening

Garden kneeler/seat

(18 Posts)
Luckygirl Wed 29-Mar-17 15:05:07

dealtastic.co.uk/garden-kneeler-seat.html?utm_source=DealtasticEmail&utm_medium=29thMarchEmail

Just been sent an offer one these - anyone used one? - any good?

MiniMouse Wed 29-Mar-17 15:20:28

I have a similar one. It's great - if only I remembered to use it more often! hmmblush

kittylester Wed 29-Mar-17 15:22:28

I can't open it, Lucky but if it's a thing that can be used to sit on or turned over to kneel on using the stool legs to help get up - then I've got one and use it a lot. Hope that helps grin

kittylester Wed 29-Mar-17 15:23:49

It's opened this time - I find it good and, like mini ought to use it more!

Welshwife Wed 29-Mar-17 15:40:57

We have one too - keeps your knees dry after the rain if you want to do any weeding - legs are good to help you get back up again.

shysal Wed 29-Mar-17 16:21:06

A few weeks ago I was working on a bed next to steps and sitting down, then found it difficult to get up again. I therefore ordered one of these from Ebay. I have yet to use it. I hate feeling old!
By the way, mine was exactly the same for £10.99 with free postage. It also include a tool bag.
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222314689709?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=521158571043&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Lyndylou Wed 29-Mar-17 20:35:36

I have one of these, very useful for getting me up from the ground when weeding, but I cant kneel on it for long. I have to use a separate comfy kneeler. I need a wheel barrow to get all my accessories down to the end of the garden when I start weeding! I've spoken before about my excessive sycamore seedling problem, so when I go weeding it is with both kneelers, a small rake, twine, a brush, bin bags and a pair of secateurs. Not forgetting my mobile for music, the dog because he feels he has to keep an eye on anything I'm doing and the cat because she has to keep an eye on the dog.

cornergran Wed 29-Mar-17 20:37:57

I use one of the seat/kneeler things. It's so useful. Have put it where I fall over it going into the shed, that way I remember to use it. It does help with back, knee pain and general muscle discomfort. I 'inherited' mine from my Dad, 12 years ago and it's still going strong.

Auntieflo Thu 30-Mar-17 09:08:33

Another user here, although mine is a slightly different design, and very good it is too.
But, I am thinking that I could do with one of those that you can sit on and scoot along, but then, would I be able to get up? hmm. Has anyone got one of those?

annodomini Thu 30-Mar-17 09:34:11

I've had a kneeler/stool for a very long time - since before I downsized which was 16 years ago. On a visit to a garden centre with two lively GSs, I had to tear them away from the little seat on wheels which they thought was great fun and granny should have one. I didn't fall for that one.

shysal Thu 30-Mar-17 09:46:02

I wouldn't dare have a wheely one as my back garden is on a steep slope!

annodomini Thu 30-Mar-17 09:54:51

One good reason for not heeding my GSs' pleading, was that I have three sets of steps between patios in my garden and I had visions of a very nasty accident with a wheeled stool!

Nannarose Thu 30-Mar-17 10:11:20

I have a similar one which I love! Also used for getting down to do pilates exercises on the floor, and as a drinks table when we're camping!

Luckygirl Thu 30-Mar-17 12:00:10

Thanks for all the tips - I have gone for the ebay one with the tool bag.

Do folks find that they are robust enough for pushing yourself to a standing position when you have finished? I would hate to be stuck there!

PRINTMISS Thu 30-Mar-17 16:26:09

I have had one for years, I think perhaps I need a new one, and use it as often as I need, it has always helped me to my feet if I am a bit stiff or stuck. It is also good for sitting on if you have a bank of flowers, helps with the weeding.

Auntieflo Thu 30-Mar-17 19:32:31

Luckygirl, if mine can get me up, I'm sure you'll be fine
Shysal, wot larks, off she goes, slaloming down the garden

silverlining48 Thu 30-Mar-17 20:33:25

We bought one for my. MUm years ago, now i use it. very useful especially for getting up after weeding, or ekse uding it the other way to sit on while doing jobs in the garden.

CindyK Tue 06-Feb-18 11:02:19

I bought Step2 Garden Hopper for my dad two months ago, he likes it so far. I based the purchasing decion on the reviews on growtheherbs.com/gardeners-seat-on-wheels/ and Amazon.