Gransnet forums

Gardening

Cordelyne

(3 Posts)
BlueBelle Thu 28-Feb-19 19:04:35

I have a yukka tree in my garden it’s about 10 ft fall with a few offshoot branches it’s about 25 years old At the moment it has two ‘babies’ growing on two of the branches Does anyone know or has successfully slicied the babies off and propergated them if so any ideas how to do it successfully

GrannyGravy13 Thu 28-Feb-19 20:00:56

Haven’t managed to cut them off successfully, but left them to grow insitu I will try to post photos tomorrow.

BlueBelle Fri 01-Mar-19 05:14:21

Thank you Granny I thought it would be nice to propergate and give to friends also the tree is going to get overcrowded but I don’t want to hurt the rather large babies or the original trunk
It’s had a chequered life about 20 years ago (I have a small front garden onto a pavement of a main road) I was sitting watching TV when I heard a bang I looked out the window and a a big trunk (it had two) was lying across the pavement
I went out to see whatever had happened and you could very clearly see it had been sawed it had saw teeth marked across the three foot high stump
Awnyway over the years it healed and produced other trunks and the cut trunk is not really visible unless you know
I can send a pic ?