Gransnet forums

Gardening

Garden magazine

(6 Posts)
Beechnut Mon 11-Mar-19 07:59:56

I bought a new out garden magazine last week. While I actually like one of the gardens featured I know that it has been hijacked as I’ve seen it in two other garden magazines in other years.
A risk you take I suppose and although I did like the magazine I don’t think I will buy it often.

JessK Mon 11-Mar-19 10:05:22

Was it Easy Gardening Beechnut? I heard about this magazine but haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Beechnut Mon 11-Mar-19 10:11:17

Yes JessK, Easy Gardens. I bought mine in Tesco and had to look for it. I found it on the bottom of magazine rack at the back in my nearest store. Have you tried WH Smith?

JessK Mon 11-Mar-19 10:17:06

Thanks for the info. Our local Tesco don't seem to have it - I had a good rummage around and couldn't find it. We don't have a local WH Smiths but next time I'm shopping elsewhere I'll have a look. Thanks

M0nica Mon 11-Mar-19 11:03:12

Beechnut These articles are photographed and written by self-employed garden experts and photographers and then sold on to the magazines through agents. Exactly the same with those houses you see in house magazines.

Some magazines do commission their own articles, but they too, often sell them on again through agents. A couple of years ago I bought two house magazines, one British, the other French and they both featured exactly the same house and article. However the French magazine did credit the agent that commissioned the original article and the in-house author and photographer who wrote and photographed it..

Fennel Mon 11-Mar-19 12:51:01

When we were in France I subscribed to Rustica, a weekly magazine. I wish there was something similar here.
There were articles on jobs to do for the time of the year. Plants and veg. seasonally available, and a recipe section to match.
Another section on animals, pets and domestic.
They're very much into gardening with the moon.
There was also a feature on special gardens, and sometimes these were from the UK.
I've tried to get it sent here but so far unsuccessful.