Gransnet forums

Gardening

Anyone know what this is?

(8 Posts)
grandtanteJE65 Thu 02-May-19 19:02:12

This bush grows at the back of our garden. It was there when we bought the house, and I have no idea what it is.

It only flowers for a couple of weeks at this time of the year.

cornergran Thu 02-May-19 19:08:20

I think its a Keria Japonica, we had one in our last garden and it looks very similar. If not I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon. smile

nonnasusie Thu 02-May-19 19:08:58

Looks like kerria japonica. It grows like a weed and can spread !

Nandalot Thu 02-May-19 19:19:15

Yes, Kerria. I am quite upset that both my bushes, one at the front and one at the back, have decided to die. They were such harbingers of Spring and were usually covered in their yellow flowers, even though for a short time.

kittylester Thu 02-May-19 19:24:51

It's called Batchelor's Buttons here. Ours is lovely at the moment.

grandtanteJE65 Fri 03-May-19 12:27:21

Thanks everyone. It did look like classic Japanese drawings to me.

Gardengift Wed 15-May-19 11:29:02

Hello to all you keen gardeners. Could anyone possibly help. Over the last few years I have enjoyed repairing a number of pots. My latest venture is quite ornate. I am trying to find out what type of pot it is. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Vonners Wed 15-May-19 20:14:54

I'd never heard of Keria Japonica but sure enough looked it up and its exactly as your pic.
Years ago a neighbour had one, I loved it and was so pleased to find one in our new garden. I've been calling it Buddleja globosa! How wrong I've been lol. Great to learn new things on here :-)