Gransnet forums

Gardening

wallflowers

(5 Posts)
travelsafar Tue 08-Oct-19 11:58:18

I managed to grow some from seed this year and have just been working in the garden putting them in place. Really hope they flourish as i am fed up with putting bulbs in for the spring never knowing if they will flower or not and they look so messy once they have finished. At least with WF you have a variety of colour and they smell heavenly. I have enough to fill my small front garden and some left over for the cenrtre bed in my back garden which i will put in once i remove the geraniums. All from a packet of seeds which cost lesss than a pound. I will buy some violas for my pots and put the some tete a tete daffodils in with them. smile flowers

humptydumpty Tue 08-Oct-19 12:07:39

I love wallflowers - best of luck with them, travelsafar.

Greyduster Tue 08-Oct-19 13:08:29

They were my mother’s favourite flower. We never had a garden but she always bought them in the spring for their scent. These days, F1 hybrids seem to lack that scent - I hope yours don’t, travels.

EllanVannin Tue 08-Oct-19 15:16:48

I'm a wallflower fan too. I hope they flourish. Heavenly smell.

lemongrove Tue 08-Oct-19 16:08:22

Sadly too few flowers have much or any scent now, my grandparents garden used to be a heady experience in Summer, pinks, wallflowers roses, sweet williams and all manner of flowers with a strong scent on a warm day.