Gransnet forums

Gardening

Pressure Washer Patio Brush

(13 Posts)
Cindersdad Wed 25-Aug-21 12:17:14

I want to lcear the moss from my paths but the pressure washer lance takes too long. I'm thinking of getting a patio cleaner attachment costing £50-£60 but I 'm not sure if they are worth it. Has anyone used the Karcher attachment and would they recommend it,

Thanks.

Tizliz Wed 25-Aug-21 12:23:05

I broke mine the first time I used it. The area has to be absolutely clear. There was a stone on my patio which broke everything inside the hood. I can sell you the replacement which was sent under warranty as that shouldn’t happen but I have not tried it again. Patio not been cleaned at all this year as I have a bad back.

PinkCosmos Wed 25-Aug-21 12:30:19

I have used the attachment in the past. It worked fine for me and stopped all the dirty water spraying up the patio doors, walls and all over me hmm

It is only plastic and probably would break if a large-ish stone got caught up in it. If you sweep the area thoroughly first, this should not happen.

crazyH Wed 25-Aug-21 12:44:49

Why not get a profession patio cleaner ? Depending on the size of your patio, he will do a fantastic job, took almost 2 days with all the prep , weed killing. sealing etc. and cost £200 (about 45ft x 35ft) He has guaranteed 'weed free' for 2 years. Watch this space !!

Cindersdad Wed 25-Aug-21 12:50:05

Thank you so much for your replies. As for buying the one from Tizliz I would prefer to get a new one with warranty but will be very careful to brush the paths first. Could consider buying yours if you live near to L23 postal district.

Amberone Wed 25-Aug-21 13:20:12

I used one and it didn't work at all well on my paver patio - pulled all the sand from between the pavers and made a right old mess. If you have a tiled path with no gaps between tiles it might work.

Tizliz Wed 25-Aug-21 13:24:41

Cindersdad

Thank you so much for your replies. As for buying the one from Tizliz I would prefer to get a new one with warranty but will be very careful to brush the paths first. Could consider buying yours if you live near to L23 postal district.

Sorry in north Scotland

Esspee Wed 25-Aug-21 15:24:49

We use one but OH bought the machine for £15 in the market and later bought the attachment for £5. I actually enjoy doing it so we tend to argue about whose turn it is. Great for a general clean up but for difficult marks the lance is best.

Cindersdad Thu 26-Aug-21 12:55:14

I find the lance fine for marks but not for thick moss which is why I want the brush attachment.

Rockie Sat 28-Aug-21 12:48:00

There are different models. Get a better one. Mine is great, had it quite a while. Much easier

railman Sat 28-Aug-21 13:59:58

We've had Karcher pressure washers for many years - currently we have a model 6.75M, which has had only 1 repair (capacitor replacement done by me), and is absolutely brilliant. They are worth every penny.

We have a large garden, patios, paths and a block paved driveway, all of which clean up exceptionally well with the rotating device, as well as the lance. If you can, I would suggest buy one, they really do just as they say on the tin.

This site has a refurbished mode too: www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=4673

shysal Sat 28-Aug-21 18:04:24

The attachment works much faster that the standard lance, and isn't as harmful to the pointing and surface. It is as easy as vacuuming a carpet, but a lot wetter!

I must admit that in recent years I have sprayed on 'Wet and Forget' patio cleaner or similar instead of using the Karcher. It does a great job on patio, shed, walls and fences, and lasts 1-2 years!
www.wetandforget.co.uk/

Amberone Sat 28-Aug-21 18:57:04

I use wet and forget as well shysal - our patio is always covered in moss if I don't, especially at the moment when it's been damp for a good part of the year.