Gransnet forums

Gardening

Gardener's World

(19 Posts)
Marmite32 Fri 04-Mar-22 14:11:09

Does anyone know if Monty Don is going to start a new series soon? He usually starts at the end of March.
I've had a quick look online but didn't find any info.

PinkCosmos Fri 04-Mar-22 14:14:03

According to the BBC the new series starts next Friday on BBC at 8pm.

Marmite32 Fri 04-Mar-22 14:16:55

Oh good! thanks.
I didn't see that.

Tina49 Fri 04-Mar-22 14:18:15

His latest post on Instagram

Callistemon21 Fri 04-Mar-22 14:49:44

Thank you for posting that Tina49
Very poignant

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 04-Mar-22 15:18:36

Gardeners’ World is a wonderful respite from the troubles of everyday life and of the world. I believe that all episodes in this series will be an hour long too. Something nice to look forward to on tv.

Marmite32 Fri 04-Mar-22 16:47:17

I agree Germanshepherd...
There are regular hints that Monty might be bowing out - due to health reasons, passing it on to another presenter. It would take a genius to replace him. IMO.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 04-Mar-22 17:01:56

He does seem to get a bit breathless doesn't he? I like his calm voice, has been known to send me to sleep. Perhaps we will see more of Adam. I really like him too.

Coastpath Fri 04-Mar-22 17:30:57

I hadn't made the connection, but Monty is right, our gardens are all full of blue and yellow at the moment. That's very moving.

Calendargirl Fri 04-Mar-22 17:59:32

I prefer the half hour editions of GW. The one hour long ones seem padded out with other stuff.

I like Adam Frost.

kenaj17531 Mon 28-Mar-22 09:10:06

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

PinkCosmos Mon 28-Mar-22 09:48:04

I hope that Monty isn't thinking of bowing out any time soon. He is the main reason I watch GW. I love his calm soothing voice, along with his expertise.

He has just done the Adriatic Gardens series (which was brilliant) which may indicate that he isn't planning on retiring. I know he had a small stroke a good few years ago but he looks pretty healthy to me grin

I don't mind Adam and think he would make a good replacement. Carol Klein is very knowledge but her 'laughing' voice really irritates me - sorry

As Calendar Girl, said, sometimes it does seem to be padded out a bit sometimes. I know that community gardens are a good thing but I feel like I have seen them all now smile

merlotgran Fri 22-Apr-22 21:22:59

What’s going on with Adam Frost? ?

I thought we’d be having an update from his gorgeous three acre garden in Lincolnshire but he has seriously downsized to somewhere much less salubrious. He said it was to take a step back and spend more time with the family. I do hope he’s OK as he doesn’t look well.

Loved the aeonium grower. ?

Casdon Fri 22-Apr-22 21:37:00

I don’t know anything about Adam, but I haven’t seen Patti for a couple of weeks, hope she is okay too.

Joseanne Fri 22-Apr-22 21:44:30

I think I saw Patti in his arms this evening, and she was in the garden too.

Casdon Fri 22-Apr-22 21:46:44

I saw a lot of Nelly, but no Patti - was it right at the end, I missed the last 5 minutes? I hope she was there, I was worrying as she’s usually on a lot.

Jaxjacky Fri 22-Apr-22 22:04:15

I’ll watch it on catch up, but I did watch Beechgrove before.

Joseanne Fri 22-Apr-22 22:10:24

Yes it was at the end.

Dickens Fri 22-Apr-22 22:44:22

Germanshepherdsmum

Gardeners’ World is a wonderful respite from the troubles of everyday life and of the world. I believe that all episodes in this series will be an hour long too. Something nice to look forward to on tv.

... Amen to that!

I find most gardening programmes a respite. It's another world. Harmony, and a soothing balm for weary souls.