Gransnet forums

Gardening

Lightweight wheelbarrow

(8 Posts)
Mazgg Fri 06-May-22 16:23:59

I need a new wheelbarrow as the one I had belonged to my husband and it was too heavy for me plus the wheel kept puncturing. It is only for taking round the garden when weeding and for emptying compost into when filling pots. I looked at those caddies but they would be too low. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Redhead56 Fri 06-May-22 16:37:21

I bought a thick green canvass wheelbarrow some years ago but I am unsure where from. I have just been down to the shed to see if there is a makers name on it but there isn't. I am sorry I can't be anymore help but suggest maybe you Google it.

Redhead56 Fri 06-May-22 16:40:00

I realised as soon as I posted I bought it from Amazon hope it helps.

Honeysuckleberries Fri 06-May-22 16:42:22

I highly recommend this wheelbarrow £15 from Argos. I’ve got four of them. I’m disabled and I use them in the garden and for wheeling stuff around my house too. Very lightweight, high handle so easy to lift and manoeuvre. You can fill wheel with water if you like (I don’t) and you can easily punch out drainage holes in base.

Auntieflo Fri 06-May-22 17:24:52

Years ago, I know, not helpful, I bought a lightweight folding wheelbarrow, from The Hampton Court Flower Show.
It was great and lasted for years.
A bit like this one. Mine was green.

Septimia Fri 06-May-22 17:38:42

DH found a good wheelbarrow in a catalogue (sorry, don't know which one). It's not particularly light but it has 2 wheels on the front which mean that it doesn't turn over and is much easier to handle.

Liaise Fri 06-May-22 18:32:13

I bought a new barrow a couple of months ago..it has a round ball instead of a front wheel and is easy to use.

Mazgg Sat 07-May-22 15:50:57

Thank you all so much for your helpful suggestions. I was drawn to the folding one but unsure of it's durability. After your assurances I will now go ahead an order it.