Gransnet forums

Gardening

Parker’s Bulbs

(19 Posts)
TheHappyGardener Wed 09-Sept-26 14:42:08

I usually go to Farmer Gracy or Peter Nyssen for my bulbs, but having priced them up on Parker’s website, they’re quite a bit cheaper from them. Anyone have good (or not so good) experience of them before I press the Buy Now button? TIA

Wheniwasyourage Wed 09-Sept-26 14:58:26

We regularly get bulbs and plants from Parker's. They have made the very occasional mistake and sent the wrong kind of bulb, but in many years of ordering, we have been very happy with them. They have lots of varieties and the bulbs do grow. The plants and plugs arrive in good condition.

In short, a good experience, and I hope you find the same.

Casdon Wed 09-Sept-26 15:02:04

J Parkers? If so, I use them often, they are a good company.

TheHappyGardener Thu 10-Sept-26 06:21:09

Thank you for your comments - good to know!

karmalady Thu 10-Sept-26 06:38:54

Yes, I use them a lot, always good

Greyduster Thu 10-Sept-26 07:09:32

I’ve used Parker’s for bulbs before. Always been happy.

25Avalon Thu 10-Sept-26 09:27:26

I’ve used Parker’s bulbs for many years. Bulbs are particularly good especially those on special offer which are real value. Plants are ok like most online garden sellers. My major problem is that they use EVRI and I end up traipsing round the village trying to find where they have been.

Magenta8 Thu 10-Sept-26 10:14:16

Like previous posters I have ordered from Parker's many times over many years. I have bought plants and bulbs from them with only very occasional blips when plants arrived dead, bulbs have always been OK.

shysal Thu 10-Sept-26 11:42:56

I buy all my plants and bulbs from Parkers, never had any complaints. I pre-order my summer plants on New Year's Day to cheer myself up. I do find that their plug plants can be very small so always go for 'garden ready'. They are always packed well in trays covered with a 'hairnet'.

ClicketyClick Thu 10-Sept-26 13:50:56

I've had very good quality bulbs from them but thought their communication was rather lacking because part of the order was missing. Having chased this, they said that waiting for stock and heard nothing after that. Some of the missing order arrived weeks later so again chased them for the rest of the order and told they would be issuing a refund as out of stock. Everything ordered was showing as in stock when I placed the order and has I not chased up I'd have been completely in the dark. Having said that, the bulbs received have flowered exceptionally well so would use them again.

Lupatria Sun 13-Sept-26 13:56:24

i've got bulbs from thompson and morgan this year courtesy of an offer in the gardeners world email i signed up for. no evri non=delivery!

ayse Sun 13-Sept-26 14:03:03

I’ve just had my first lot of Parker’s plug plants (ground cover) a day ago. They looked really far more healthy than the last lot of stuff from Thompson and Morgan. I’ll be buying from there again.

Harris27 Sun 13-Sept-26 14:35:50

Well I’m still waiting for my delivery of bulbs from Parker’s. I ordered them July 15 th and they said they would be delivered last week in August. I’ve sent them three emails they did eventually reply and said they were getting dispatched last Monday. It’s now sun 13 th still waiting arrival.

Harris27 Sun 13-Sept-26 14:37:56

Lupatria yes mine are coming by evri but they must be walking here!

Aely Sun 13-Sept-26 14:46:13

Parker's are very good if there is a problem with a purchase and you can phone and chat to a real person about it. That gives me confidence in buying from them.

Cath9 Sun 13-Sept-26 15:07:31

I used to buy from them as they seem to arrive well wrapped.
I will admit when buying a shrub they seem to be small shrubs. For shrubs I either use Gardening Express or Haycroft

Duvetdiva Sun 13-Sept-26 15:27:59

I’ve bought bulbs from both Parker’s and Farmer Gracy and both have been fine. But I am a sucker for pretty packaging and FG win hands down. (I am a stationery addict)

joyoga Sun 13-Sept-26 15:48:55

Happy with all my Parkers orders.would recommend

ufix1 Sun 13-Sept-26 16:57:39

They are excellent and vg quality and donate via Bulbs for London to our Community gardening project