Gransnet forums

Gardening

Mother nature taking the mick

(4 Posts)
ClicketyClick Thu 10-Sept-26 13:58:31

I put my pitcher plant outside for one day to get the rain as this is better for them than tap water.
Now it's back indoors I've noticed that something has made a web from the pitchers to the window. So my pitcher plant isn't doing it job of catching flies/insects and either the plant or the web culprit is taking the perverbial ! If you look close you can see the horizontal webbing caught in the sunshine.

keepcalmandcavachon Thu 17-Sept-26 08:44:44

Is this one of those Little Shop of Horrors fly catchers ClicketyClick?
Woe betide any little insect who plans to escape along the spider web!

MayBee70 Thu 17-Sept-26 13:46:25

When I was dog sitting at my daughters recently I was also put in charge of my grandsons Venus fly trap. Was quite worried given my record of killing off house plants on a regular basis so I kept looking for dead flies to feed it. Not sure if it preferred to catch live ones as it wasn’t too interested in my offerings.

Gwyllt Thu 17-Sept-26 18:11:55

I think it’s the waggling that causes the Venous flytrap to trigger