Gransnet forums

Genealogy/memories

My dear aunt Phythian

(7 Posts)
RobertJunior Fri 29-Mar-13 11:26:17

Just to put you in the picture, our dear Aunt Phythian will be 100 years of age next month.
She has not enjoyed good health in recent years .
This is due to a rare bronchial reaction to mites.
We think she picked them up from the exhibition long haired Angora rabbits which she kept for so many years. Many of us still have Tam O Shanters made by her with hand spun wool from the spinning wheel of her older sister Agnes .
Her life has been one of unselfish service to the community.
Made even more worthy of congratulations when you consider she had to bring up 17 children, on her own.
7 of them after the early and unfortunate death of her beloved husband Will.
As president and life member of the FARNHAM FAREHAM & FULHAM rabbit club she was an enthusiastic supporter
Always full of fun, she reacted with typical pragmatism when her hair fell out during the war.
The simple answer was typical of her no nonsense attitude to life. She simply trained long haired Peruvian guinea pigs to sit motionless on her head.
No one spotted this harmless deception and you have to give her credit for stopping when she discovered her pets suffered from vertigo.

RobertJunior Fri 29-Mar-13 11:29:22

. TO be fair to her, when she discovered that the cavies suffered from Vertigo, she abandoned this ploy. To her delight and surprise her hair grew back, thought to be due to the hormones in the debris left on her scalp by her prize cavy FLORIAN.

whenim64 Fri 29-Mar-13 11:30:04

grin Priceless!

glammanana Fri 29-Mar-13 11:48:11

whenim64 Best laugh all morning.

Gally Fri 29-Mar-13 12:11:41

OMG grin Aunty Phythian must have been very fit, bringing up17 wains as a single mother and travelling on her penny-cycle between between Farnham, Fareham and Fulham with that lot on her heid .....

Elegran Fri 29-Mar-13 12:25:14

Enterprising, too, keeoing up the production line with no help for the last 7.

RobertJunior Fri 29-Mar-13 12:45:51

I am touched by the interest shown by my new friends on here concerning my dear aunt Phythian. She is very special to me.