Gransnet forums

Genealogy/memories

Billy Connolly is part Indian

(6 Posts)
granjura Thu 02-Oct-14 21:59:20

what an amazing programme 'who do you think you are' is smile

How many of us, had we the chance- would find that our heritage is so much more mixed than we think- brilliant.

Marelli Thu 02-Oct-14 22:02:54

I so enjoyed this programme. I loved his laughing description of his ancestor at the end. smile

tanith Thu 02-Oct-14 22:03:42

I've never really like Billy Connolly but I did enjoy his journey.. very interesting.

absentgrandma Thu 02-Oct-14 22:07:56

Fascinating subject this week. I like the new format of concentrating on one particular branch of someone's family ... although many viewers don't,so I read. I find the 'history lessons' really interesting. Who would have thought such a famous son of Glasgow would have a Anglo-Indian G-G-G-grandmother?

Treebee Thu 02-Oct-14 22:21:48

Interesting programme, Billy was a good subject.
I was amused by the theme tune at the end embellished with Indian instruments. Announcer kept talking over it though!

TerriBull Fri 03-Oct-14 20:28:22

Just watched Billy Connolly's WDYTYA on I Player thought it was a really good one. There have been a couple of other people with Indian heritage in previous programmes, notably Alistair McGowan and believe it or not Rupert Penry-Jones. Billy's was definitely one of the most interesting in this series.