Gransnet forums

Genealogy/memories

Genealogy software - Rootsmagic 6 for $9.95

(2 Posts)
Elegran Sat 04-Apr-15 11:58:44

I have Rootsmagic 6 and receive regular newsletters from them. Today's had a bit that said:-

"RootsMagic 6 for $9.95 on Amazon
While cleaning the warehouse we came across a bunch of boxes of RootsMagic 6 CDs. Rather than throw them in a landfill, we have put them up on Amazon for $9.95.

Although it is an older version of the program, they are new (still shrinkwrapped) full version 6 program CDs. If you just want to give a program to someone that you are trying to get started in genealogy, this could be a good option. If they register their program they will also eligible to get future versions of RootsMagic at the upgrade price as well.

These version 6 CDs at this price will remain available on Amazon until we run out of them.

RootsMagic 6 for $9.95
www.amazon.com/RootsMagic-Family-Genealogy-Software-VERSION/dp/1932932127 "

It is a very good application. The newer version 7 has a few more bells and whistles than version 6, but mostly just glossier ways of doing things. V6 is perfectly OK for most of us. It was $29.95 when I bought it a couple of years ago and I am still happy using it. $9.95 is a great price.

pompa Sat 04-Apr-15 21:09:55

OR, get "Legacy 8 Family Tree" totally free from :-

www.legacyfamilytree.com/

We have used the free version of this software for years and find it does everything we need to record and report on our family tree data (over 500 records atm). The software is updated regularly and allows data to be transferred via Gedcom to Ancestry, Find my Past etc.