Gransnet forums

Grandads' shed

Welcome to the official opening of Granddads' shed

(497 Posts)
tjspompa Sun 05-Jun-11 19:17:25

WOOT - Here it is, our very own shed ( Thanks GSHQ), real posh one too, no more old doors etc. it may be small on the outside but, inside, WOW, it's a tardis, plenty of room for everyone.
However it's a bit bare atm, contributions to make it homely greatly appreciated. BUT remember it's Granddads' shed, no chintz please.

Hope to see you all from time to time.

Iam64 Thu 22-Jan-15 10:07:11

I haven't visited this shed previously, but I have been known to phone mriam in his shed, to see if he plans to come in for a meal…..

pompa Wed 21-Jan-15 10:06:32

The "Shed" started way back as a place where us Granddads could chat about blocky stuff, but it quickly got hi-jacked by the ladies (and most welcome they are).

You can talk about whatever grabs your fancy, hobbies, projects, football etc.

Kirdan Wed 21-Jan-15 09:44:20

Thanks for the nice welcome but can't get my head round the 'shed' idea. Will try another of the forums on the site. Thank you again.

pompa Wed 21-Jan-15 08:23:22

Welcome Kirdan.

The shed is anywhere you would like it to be. ATM, for me, the shed is on a beach in the Caribbean.

The only rule is that visitors bring cupcake and wine

Here we chat about anything and nothing, preferably not too serious.

Faye Wed 21-Jan-15 07:40:46

Welcome Kirdan you are in the shed. It's a virtual shed! smile

Kirdan Wed 21-Jan-15 05:46:05

As a complete newbie, I'm completely lost! What is, where is the shed in question?

harrigran Sun 27-Jul-14 16:10:47

Late to this thread. Congratulations pompa, how lovely. I am very jealous as there will be no more baby cuddles in our house.

pompa Sun 27-Jul-14 15:43:12

Back home again, will have to make do with Skype to see new GS for a few weeks until we get up there again. I have to say the peace of home is very pleasant.

shysal Wed 23-Jul-14 18:45:11

What a gorgeous little lad, pompa, you must be very proud of the whole family.
I noticed the 'Grandad's Shed' photo on your profile. Are you connected with the business, or did you just like the name?

pompa Wed 23-Jul-14 18:26:53

Oh dear I've had cupcake cupcake cupcake + wine wine wine since they all came home.

He is gorgeous, the image of his big bruvver. See photo in my folio

dustyangel Wed 23-Jul-14 17:03:37

I've been hoping you would update us * Pompa*.smile
Congratulations to all the family and Welcome to little Lewis. flowers

shysal Wed 23-Jul-14 16:16:09

I have a GS named Lewis, pompa. Congratulations to you and your family, you have lots more fun ahead! flowers but NOcupcake after all those breakfasts! smile

Lona Wed 23-Jul-14 15:03:52

Congratulations Pompa flowers

You can stop eating now! smile

HollyDaze Wed 23-Jul-14 14:57:37

Aww, congratulations to the whole family flowers

pompa Wed 23-Jul-14 14:55:34

7lb 12oz - Lewis, mother & baby fine, due home later today smile

annodomini Wed 23-Jul-14 09:31:22

Hope it's reasonably quick, pompa. I wouldn't like to think of you eating breakfast after breakfast all day. grin

glammanana Wed 23-Jul-14 09:16:32

It won't be too long before you have another little precious bundle to cuddle,very jealous indeed I do miss those baby cuddles.Be careful on those calories. grin

Lona Wed 23-Jul-14 09:09:16

Take deep breaths Pompa! grin Good luck!

HollyDaze Wed 23-Jul-14 09:01:24

A bit of comfort eating eh grin

You'll be cuddling the new arrival before you know it smile

pompa Wed 23-Jul-14 08:51:08

Here we go !!! all started to kick off at 3ish this morning. Daughter and partner in delivery room atm. GS being very good for us smile, very nonplussed about it all.
Not nervous, but I am on my third breakfast.

glammanana Tue 22-Jul-14 10:32:42

Malcolm102 I had injections to my shoulder for a similar problem was it cortizone ? I can't remember but it worked well for a period of time.
pompa there was an ad for a programme on TV about "posh sheds" it starts soon I think but I can't remember which channel hmm it did look good though some amazing sheds.

Malcolm102 Tue 22-Jul-14 10:10:09

Knees. I had a torn cartridge in my right knee a few years back. I could not wait for NHS so went private. It was supposingly repaired, but it was still giving bother. Under the NHS I had injections, and see a consultant every 6 months. On my last visit I was told that I can have another injection, but this has not happened.
Now my left knee is giving me bother, and I have just phoned my GP and got an appointment for tomorrow.
I have been reading that there is an injection that contains a substance that builds up the worn cartridge. I shall be asking questions tomorrow about this.

annodomini Mon 21-Jul-14 23:03:33

Galen I read that as meaning pompa should have been catheterised before watching Edinburgh LIve. Oh well, it's late. moon

Galen Mon 21-Jul-14 22:21:50

Seriously being catheterised beforehand is a good idea. Especially if you have any prostatic problems (which I don't have. I'm just odd)

pompa Mon 21-Jul-14 22:14:04

Am I just being grumpy :-

Watching Edinburgh Live last night, why did Boy George and Smokey Robinson have to perform, they were two of my favourites in their day and great singers, but now just a sad memory of what they were. Had to listen to some original tracks to remind my self how I loved them. (there one or two others I wished hadn't performed, but they were never top of my pops. Some old groups can still cut the mustard but not those last night.