Gransnet forums

Grandads' shed

Welcome to the official opening of Granddads' shed

(496 Posts)
tjspompa Sun 05-Jun-11 19:17:25

WOOT - Here it is, our very own shed ( Thanks GSHQ), real posh one too, no more old doors etc. it may be small on the outside but, inside, WOW, it's a tardis, plenty of room for everyone.
However it's a bit bare atm, contributions to make it homely greatly appreciated. BUT remember it's Granddads' shed, no chintz please.

Hope to see you all from time to time.

glassortwo Sun 05-Jun-11 19:20:59

I have come visiting with an offering of cake, can I come in? grin

MrsJamJam Sun 05-Jun-11 19:28:08

We've just opened a bottle of chilled white. Can we offer anyone a glass?

tjspompa Sun 05-Jun-11 19:28:39

GoT, come on in, pull up a ???? woops no chairs yet :-(

glassortwo Sun 05-Jun-11 19:31:03

I dont mind sitting on the floor, but might need a hand getting up later when I have seized up grin

tjspompa Sun 05-Jun-11 19:48:34

I think we all have that problem, I blame the wine.

glassortwo Sun 05-Jun-11 19:53:32

Me to tjs grin

HildaW Sun 05-Jun-11 19:57:55

.....and to think I've just taken a couple of old carpets to the tip!

lucid Sun 05-Jun-11 20:05:08

I've got a couple of old camping chairs you can use.....smile

baggythecrust! Sun 05-Jun-11 21:29:05

Here's a couple of bean bags and, for the winter, I really do recommend installing a wee wood-burning stove.

tjspompa Sun 05-Jun-11 21:35:39

HEY !!!!! BTC welcome to the shed. Good start 2 camp chairs, 2 bean bags and a bunch of friends.

harrigran Sun 05-Jun-11 22:00:43

I found this bottle of vintage champagne in the cellar, thought you could use it smile

Notsogrand Sun 05-Jun-11 23:11:57

Just found your posh shed! Would love to pop in from time to time. Could you do with a small folding table? A bit rickety, but strong enough to bear the weight of a few cans or glasses smile

GrannyTunnocks Sun 05-Jun-11 23:17:28

Do we need a fridge for the wine. Does it have electricity?

Notsogrand Sun 05-Jun-11 23:27:30

Good point GrannyT. If it doesn't have electricty, can any of the Granddads set up a windmill thingy on the shed roof with a solar widget to generate electricity?

grannyactivist Sun 05-Jun-11 23:48:29

Congratulations grandads. I've been out all day and missed the grand opening, but better late than never; here I am with teabags, mugs and camping stove. When the rain's drumming on the roof you just can't beat a nice hot cuppa! grin

nanny1 Mon 06-Jun-11 10:46:11

ah so this is where the grandads have been hiding :-)

baggythecrust! Mon 06-Jun-11 11:46:15

Tin of biscuits coming through, on a wheelbarrow! All home-made (except the wheelbarrow and the tin).

Notsogrand Mon 06-Jun-11 11:58:32

The progress of this thread is quite amusing. Tjs launches a shed for the Granddads and appeals for contributions to kit it out.....lots of Grans pop in with bits and pieces (nesting?)......but no sign of other Granddads.

Are they're waiting to find out if there will be any gran-free days in the shed what brand of tea is on offer? smile

twizzle Mon 06-Jun-11 12:07:07

Oh tjs this shed is surely a sight to behold. I was expecting a rickety ramshackle structure, but I am totally overwhelmed at its beauty.

Who performed the 'ribbon cutting' at the opening ceremony?

Please could I request that you take down that calendar. I have brought you this Gardeners' World Calendar, which I feel will be far more appropriate to the setting.

Valkyrie Mon 06-Jun-11 13:09:16

I know one granddad who has been posting on Gransnet and Mumsnet so I'll send him along.
He has a lot of old books - can he bring these too?

grandadbumble Mon 06-Jun-11 14:23:54

Just found the new shed, after registering with Gransnet. Sounds a brilliant idea, We should invite the grannies to tea sometime, but they might need to bring the cakes !!

tjspompa Mon 06-Jun-11 17:44:00

ROFL, they don't need invite, they have been in & out like a fiddlers elbow (bringing cakes etc.) They are very welcome.

Heather Mon 06-Jun-11 18:55:03

oh, I missed the opening!
And I see you have a table, seating, biscuits, drinks ... what else could you want? How about some stuff to mend???? I have a garden fork where one prong has been caught up under something and it's bent out of shape, can you hammer it back in line with the others pretty please? .... I'll top up the teabags and biscuits when you've made your way through that lot!

Daisymay70 Mon 06-Jun-11 19:19:22

]

Woud you like some candles and a pretty geranium plant for the windosill