Gransnet forums

Grandads' shed

Where the section for Grandads?

(23 Posts)
Ariadne Fri 26-Sep-14 09:31:38

We'll, the OP hasn't returned since his post in 2012, so we might conclude he's given up?

Stansgran Thu 25-Sep-14 20:30:50

Hmmmm!

papaoscar Thu 25-Sep-14 19:52:46

There are, KeithH, a few old foragers like myself who meander through the undergrowth of the Amazonian jungle of Gransnet with gun and camera, like David Attenborough, ever ready to report in hushed and reverential tones on the sometimes strange rituals of the natives. Usually, they are a relatively friendly bunch and in the best traditions of the tribe will treat the stranger with benign tolerance if not indifference. However, best not get too involved, though, in the bodily functions, knitting theory, recipe variations, or the workings of one's personal plumbing. If you do, retribution and/or ridicule can be swift and sure. Impromptu monologues and renditions generally go down well, and I always carry my spoons and washboard just in case.Take the plunge!

Nytsom Thu 25-Sep-14 19:05:38

Young at heart, fit of body? Well; fairly fit? And contrarary to what you old ladies believe. We /// men do not think about sex all the time!

There other things to think about?

Daman Fri 19-Oct-12 16:52:29

glammanana That's lovely I'm chuffed for both of you. Wish there were more who could stay so positive.

glammanana Fri 19-Oct-12 14:28:41

Damon well my mr.glamma must be in that small minority with regard to clothe's he has nothing beige in his extensive wardrobe he still wears his denim levi's and wrangler's (as I do ) has the most fab assortment of shirt's,only wears a tie formally his jackets are either wax or leather and he is very fussy when it comes to shoes must be good leather,he also has a large assortment of scalves which he wears constantly during the winter all good colours,so I must have a special one with him as he always looks good.I myself am nowhere near a Bird of Paradise don't do flowery/gawdy colours still dress most times as I did when child of the 60's but with a retro edge to it,not past sell by date as yet I'm glad to say as the rest of GNers would also claim.

Daman Fri 19-Oct-12 13:48:13

JessM Male members hang about doing very little. The proposal to discuss sex in front of all these old men will only bring them to crying, generated by 'memories of things past' Body stops, mind goes on - at a certain age. That will be cruel.

Elegran Fri 19-Oct-12 13:45:48

Of legs? Did you count legs and divide by two?

JessM Fri 19-Oct-12 08:51:24

Just speculating elegran no inside knowledge.

Gally Fri 19-Oct-12 08:30:55

Jeni blush that's a bit of a double entendre grin

Elegran Fri 19-Oct-12 08:25:32

She must have counted the number of men who have joined and done an estimate from that, but I don't know how she knows how many men there are either.

jeni Fri 19-Oct-12 07:52:58

Why not add in testicular cancer to spice up the mix?
How do you know how many male members we have?

JessM Fri 19-Oct-12 07:03:23

I just had a thought that GN has 2000 male members (no pun intended) who just lurk around hoping we will discuss sex. I am going to see if I can draw them from the undergrowth by starting a thread on prostate cancer screening grin grin

baubles Fri 19-Oct-12 06:44:16

83%? Where's your evidence Daman grin

Daman Thu 18-Oct-12 23:40:15

Where's KeithH ? Missing? I will ask a question for him.

Why do 83% of older married men wear beige all the time? Some even wear beige shoes and have beige hankies. Often their wives are spectacular Birds of Paradise, elegant and smiley. Do these men also have beige minds?

janthea Mon 08-Oct-12 15:31:51

Do your worst, KeithH

absentgrana Mon 08-Oct-12 15:25:13

Set it up. Why wait for we lightweight grannies to do it for you?

Barrow Mon 08-Oct-12 15:18:58

Gransnet is an all inclusive group KeithH and although personally cars and sports bore me rigid I am sure there are plenty of Gransnetters who would be happy to have a discussion about them. As for travel for the more mature and pensions and investments advice - thats something we would all be interested in - so come on start a thread!!

Glammy Mon 08-Oct-12 14:32:22

Gransnet is what you make it KeithH I'm sure there are lots of chaps who read the comments so maybe they will start to join in.

crimson Tue 17-Jul-12 23:01:00

Think he's more or a crochet man meself..or tatting perhaps hmm....

Annobel Tue 17-Jul-12 22:52:41

You can start a thread on any of the forums and let it run - though they often take off in unexpected directions! We have a sport forum with threads about rugby, tennis, athletics and so on. We're all happy to chip in on holidays and are dying to hear about your unusual hobbies - make a change from knitting, unless that's yours too grin

whenim64 Tue 17-Jul-12 22:38:41

Go ahead Keith. We can discuss anything at all grin

KeithH Tue 17-Jul-12 22:16:44

Gransnet is great if you are a Grandma, but it is a little light on content for us Grandads. Let's have some topics that we will enjoy reading like the latest news on cars, sport nostalgia, holiday information for more mature travellers, pensions and investments, unusual hobbies, fashion for grumpy old men, the list is almost endless. How about it Gransnet?