Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

WANTED: grandparents/guide parents for 11 month old baby

(11 Posts)
babiesneedgrannies Sun 24-Jul-11 19:58:36

WANTED

4 persons to act as surrogate grandparents for beautiful baby boy, aged 11 months, who is unwanted by biological grandparents.

All ages and both genders considered; come and be a funky granny or grandpa, young or old and give my baby the love he deserves!

The successful candidate will be rich in life experiences, funny stories and have an endless supply of love. S/he should be fully qualified in the art of cuddling, snuggling, giggling and making growly tiger noises (although training can be provided to bring the candidate up to speed with the latter). The candidate should also own a large stock of muslin squares, since dribbling is plentiful and varied.

If selected, you would take an active part in our family life and enjoy our beautiful baby with us whilst he grows.

Applicants can apply with a PM to me. Many thanks.

jangly Sun 24-Jul-11 20:18:14

Odd!!!

twizzle Sun 24-Jul-11 20:19:23

troll ??

babiesneedgrannies Sun 24-Jul-11 20:22:00

Not at all. In posted my story under the same name on MN, where I am a regular.

Perhaps it is an odd request. I think my baby needs grandparents. Since his don't want him, by hook or by crook I'll find him some that do.

jangly Mon 25-Jul-11 16:18:53

sad

You need to tell us more about your family relationships. Perhaps we can help with advice.

Stansgran Mon 25-Jul-11 16:59:52

very sad your babies GPS have missed out on 11 months -tell people what happens next

Stansgran Mon 25-Jul-11 17:04:20

there is another thread by guppie--i too have just been enlightened by [grannyactivist] I'm learning such a lot on this site

Stansgran Mon 25-Jul-11 17:06:22

I mean that might help you with ideas-meant thank you grannyactivist got brackets conused with asterisks

JessM Mon 25-Jul-11 17:25:03

I think it would help if we had a county or city if you are looking for takers. May as well have a surrogate that is not at the opposite end of the country!

clevelys Wed 24-Oct-12 13:09:38

A nice bitter-sweet post I thought.

We are in a similar desert of Grandparents - though through death and illness. Our conclusion is to try and fill that 'gap' with a plethora of differently aged 'aunties' and 'uncles' - as they are easier to come by.....

Where do you live btw?

vampirequeen Wed 24-Oct-12 13:23:32

What a lovely idea. I'm sorry I can't help you but I'm sure there are people who would love to be a grandparent and I think it's lovely that you don't want your little boy to miss out on all the experiences that he can only share with a grandparent.