Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

chairs in changing rooms

(5 Posts)
carboncareful Fri 02-Mar-12 12:47:40

Yesterday I had to ask for a chair in Zara changing rooms because I could not get my shoes back on without sitting down. Considered sitting on the floor to do them up but then there was nothing to hold on to to get up. Feel humiliated especially as the beautiful narrow stretch jeggings (size large) would not fit and I'm only a 14/16.

bagitha Fri 02-Mar-12 13:39:03

I'm sorry you felt humiliated, carbon (and I agree about daft sizing) but I don't understand why asking for something you need is humiliating. Could you not just look at it as a way of benefitting others as well as yourself because you've brought to the shop's attention something they hadn't thought of?

GoldenGran Fri 02-Mar-12 14:12:11

And about the jeggings Carbon, Zaras sizing is always on the small side.

goldengirl Fri 02-Mar-12 14:19:01

That's why I prefer buying from catalogues! None of the faffing about in tiddly changing rooms smile I agree with Bagitha that you shouldn't feel humiliated as you can bet your life that others have wished the same but didn't feel like speaking up. I have to admit it depends how I'm feeling whether I'm a speaker upper or not.

Hunt Mon 05-Mar-12 15:29:58

Ny husband is a ''speaker-upper'' To date he has got chairs in the local superkarket and more small trolleys. He has succeeded in getting a barrier replaced when the Council said it was not going to replace it as ''as it keeps getting knocked down''!!.