Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

(17 Posts)
nanaej Thu 03-May-12 18:54:04

Ahh! Congratulations on being a grandmother!flowers wine It is an amazing feeling that nobody can prepare you for..you just have to experience it! Enjoy! I am fairly new to this site and am enjoying the 'conversations' , support and ideas that are shared. It's fun.

cheerleader Thu 03-May-12 18:48:03

Thank you all for your messages. It's great to feel so welcomed! My name is a long-standing one, yogagran - DD has always been very sporty and I've cheered her on from the sidelines. I feel like cheering now, too smile

shysal Thu 03-May-12 08:55:03

Welcome cheerleader, you have years of fun ahead of you! You didn't have to wait until the baby was born before joining GN, we have several members who are not grandparents, it doesn't matter, it is more of a generation thing I think.
I look forward to hearing all about the new wee one in the following weeks (and years!). wine flowers

nanachrissy Thu 03-May-12 07:47:14

Hello cheerleader and welcome to the club! We love new babies and new members of our Gransnet smile

kittylester Thu 03-May-12 04:58:33

Welcome and congratulations cheerleader flowers

Ariadne Thu 03-May-12 03:27:13

Hello, cheerleader Isn't it wonderful? When our first DGC (Dear Grand Child) was born, I went round saying that I'd known being a gran was going to be good, but I never realised just HOW good! And it's been the same with the rest of them.

Enjoy every moment, and enjoy GN too.

gracesmum Thu 03-May-12 00:02:44

Welcome to the best club in the world!wine

grannyactivist Thu 03-May-12 00:02:23

Welcome to GN cheerleader and to the wonderful world of grannydom - life will never be the same again. sunshine grin

glammanana Wed 02-May-12 23:22:02

cheerleader Welcome to GN what lovely news congradulations you will be on cloud 9 for some days yet,I still remember my first days of being a nanna nearly 22 yrs ago and I still get butterflies about it.wineflowers

yogagran Wed 02-May-12 22:59:46

Welcome cheerleader and what a wonderfully suitable name you've chosen for yourself

Annobel Wed 02-May-12 22:53:46

Lovely news cheerleader. Welcome to GN and please tell us all about the new arrival. wine

harrigran Wed 02-May-12 22:44:18

Welcome cheerleader and congratulations, you have just joined the best club ever flowers smile

glassortwo Wed 02-May-12 22:37:32

Hello cheerleader congratulations flowers wine, there is not a feeling in the world like it is there. Look forward to seeing you on GN. smile

whenim64 Wed 02-May-12 22:21:33

Congratulations cheerleader. What a special day for you. When my first grandchild was born I was so euphoric, everyone thoiught I was drunk! (I was later - we cracked open a bottle of champagne). What a wonderful time you have ahead of you smile

Anagram Wed 02-May-12 22:21:12

Hello, cheerleader! Congratulations and welcome smile

Mishap Wed 02-May-12 22:10:20

Keep on smiling! - what a splendid day for you. Congratulations! Lots more joy to come!

cheerleader Wed 02-May-12 22:08:54

..to Gransnet and to being a grandmother! DD gave birth to DGD this morning, and although I was really looking forward to it, the emotion has totally taken me unawares! I was completely unprepared for the joy I am still experiencing and I haven't stopped smiling yet grin. Am also looking forward to being a member of an online community completely new to me.