Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Peppa Pig World

(21 Posts)
susieb755 Mon 22-Jul-13 22:29:04

Can I recommend Peppa Pig World at Paultons park to any local Grannys - I took my DGD aged just 2 there last week, and she had such a lovely time, it was pitched just right for her age group, and was lovely and clean, and staff very friendly and helpful, despite it being a scorching hot day.

Not cheap at £24 per adult- she was free, but we were there from 10.00- 5.00 and she had 17 rides and a lovely time on the splashpool , plus lot sogf animals and birds to see.

vampirequeen Tue 23-Jul-13 08:32:18

Sounds wonderful....sadly too far away.

tattynan Fri 23-Aug-13 20:13:10

The Peppa Pig comic advertise Peppa Pig world and I always have to hide the page from my grandson because he cries when I say its to far away for us to go.

susieb755 Sat 24-Aug-13 17:35:11

MY GD loves her peppa pig comic too! we are very lucky to live only an hour away!

nanaej Sat 24-Aug-13 18:23:42

it is great fun!

Nonu Sat 24-Aug-13 18:41:53

Susie , that sounds a lot of money to me ?

nanaej Sat 24-Aug-13 19:19:38

It is not a lot compared to many places! Days out are expensive now. We were at the seafront amusements in Hastings and most rides cost £ 2 a go and that did not include some of the types of activities at Peppa Pig World!

Nonu Sat 24-Aug-13 19:35:15

See the thing of it is we don"t do days out , too expensive we much prefer home made fun .
Like crabbing, or just jumping in and out of the waves , climbing rock piles , lovely simple homemade fun.

Building up a memory bank Nanaej !!

nanaej Sat 24-Aug-13 20:30:09

We do all that too Nonu! We are lucky to have lots of open country nearby for romps in the woods, den making , kite flying and general outdoor adventures! One of my DDs has a lovely woodland garden that provides lots of opportunity for outdoor exploration!

We are fortunate to also have lovely days out for birthday treats as well, sometimes to a theme park, the cinema, theatre or a museum. depends on what the child would like to do!

Our day in Hastings was during our annual traditional English family seaside holiday at Camber Sands. We wanted to give our DGC a different experience from the other ' home made' fun days of rock pooling, sand dune playing and paddling and playing on the beach! We visited all the fascinating museums in Hastings, the aquarium, rode the little steam train and spent time in the arcades and fun fair too. We ended the day with fish and chips and great fun was had by all!

NfkDumpling Sat 24-Aug-13 21:02:38

DD1 lives within reach of Peppa Pig World and DGD loves it at a special treat.

If anyone is Norfolk way I can recommend BeWILDerwood at Horning - there's plenty for all age groups from 'Born to be wild' (free entry) through to 'Used to be wilds' (oldies like me). A brilliant day out.

nanaej Sat 24-Aug-13 21:04:02

The Born to be Wild activities are great!

NfkDumpling Sat 24-Aug-13 21:11:33

I went on slides which I shouldn't have, the airial walkway with 'missing' bits which was a bit higher than my comfort zone, helped make a hat, went on the parade and story walk and with DGD lost the rest of the family when we took the Pointless Path! Wonderful!

Nonu Sat 24-Aug-13 21:12:00

It all sounds perfectly splendid nanaej , long may you continue !!

Good luck !

gracesmum Sat 24-Aug-13 21:29:20

Lucky to live near the sea Nonu.smile

Nonu Sat 24-Aug-13 21:31:27

I know !!
smile

gma Sat 24-Aug-13 21:42:50

Wow Nfk Dumpling you certainly live life on the edge!! Ever thought of being a stunt granny!! I bet that you jump in puddles as well !!wink

NfkDumpling Sat 24-Aug-13 21:52:42

Chickened out of the aerial runway and DD1 pushed me down the slide when I was about to chicken out!

NfkDumpling Sat 24-Aug-13 21:57:10

(And of course I jump in puddles - don't you?)

susieb755 Sun 25-Aug-13 17:39:48

Nonu - we are lucky to live in Dorset, so have lots of great free days out at the beach and in the forest, Peppa Pig World was a birthday treat !

Nonu Sun 25-Aug-13 17:50:26

Susie I do hope you don"t think I was having a pop at you , far from it !
In fact I am as we speak, getting a nice Dinner together, as the family enjoy an aperitif . One of the DDG"s is engrossed in Peppa PIg, wants Grandma to watch with him but can"T

Granoveve Fri 11-Oct-13 22:30:55

DGD enjoyed Peppa Pig World but the good news was that there were rides and activities just next door for the 6, 8 and 12 year old. Well worth a visit.