Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Loving Grandma

(4 Posts)
Maya Mon 21-Oct-13 16:06:34

I'm in a bit of a quandary. One of my granddaughters aged 6 tells me she does not love her parents or brother but only loves me. She does not like being told what to do and there are frequent rows with both Mum and Dad. I fear she may become addicted to bad behaviour to get attention away from her younger brother. I have minded her alot since she was a baby as both parents work but now I mainly look after her brother after school as she does other things.

I just said to her 'we all feel like that sometimes' but I am worried that this may become an on going scenario.

Any thoughts?

tanith Mon 21-Oct-13 16:09:58

In my experience most children say things like this at one time or another I wouldn't read anything dramatic into it. A six year old says all sorts of things for attention or because they are upset by one thing or another you've said the right thing but I wouldn't dwell on it I'm sure she'll just 'get over it' like most kids do.

Maya Mon 21-Oct-13 16:23:22

Thank you for a quick response very reassuring. I can see that my dwelling on it too much is not going to help!

ninathenana Mon 21-Oct-13 17:18:01

DGS quite often tells mummy he doesn't like grandad. I think it's because DH is rather loud.
Other times he will tell grandad he loves him. That's children for you !