Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Evil granny. (: (: (:

(21 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Mon 17-Mar-14 10:57:22

Yesterday I got a four and a half minute cuddle from my eight year old grandson. Actually sat on my lap like he did when he was a baby. grin

Only cost the price of "Minecraft for Beginners" too. Cheap at the price.

Who said you can't buy love? #waytogo smile [clover] sunshine

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 17-Mar-14 10:58:38

Shite! shamrock

kittylester Mon 17-Mar-14 11:00:38

Bribery and corruption - that's what I like jings grin

janeainsworth Mon 17-Mar-14 11:03:25

What the feck! shamrock

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 17-Mar-14 11:05:20

Sadly, I did n't get the thumb in mouth (his) hair stroking (mine) thing. [sigh] Forgot that bit or I might have insisted. grin

janeainsworth Mon 17-Mar-14 11:19:43

Just treasure the moment jingl. I'm sure you did flowersshamrock

Galen Mon 17-Mar-14 11:33:13

shamrock

Soutra Mon 17-Mar-14 11:37:36

Bribery wins every time - and is worth every penny smile

grannyactivist Mon 17-Mar-14 11:58:38

Yep, you (almost) said it jingl - bad granny!! (Can't quite get myself to say evil.) [finger wagging emoticon]

soop Mon 17-Mar-14 12:25:05

Aww! wink

Iam64 Mon 17-Mar-14 13:21:18

Way to go Jing - nothing quite like the kind of snuggle you describe. Bribery has its uses, doesn't it

Ana Mon 17-Mar-14 13:25:01

Clever granny, I'd say! grin

merlotgran Mon 17-Mar-14 13:26:01

I hope he didn't notice you setting the stop watch, jingl or he might charge you overtime with the next cuddle. grin

Aka Fri 21-Mar-14 09:41:59

Another bad granny here...just locked myself out of the house with a 2, 3 and 4 year old playing in the garden. I nipped out the back gate to put something in the grey bin as it's collection day. The gate blew shut behind me and as the Yale lock was on I was stuck. I yelled and yelled but as I was behind a 6' gate it took them ages to find me.

'Where are you nana?' confused

Eventually the 3-year old managed to manipulate the Yale and let me back in. What a nightmare!

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 21-Mar-14 10:27:02

Oh Aka! That must have been so worrying! Glad all is ok now. grin

Dragonfly1 Fri 21-Mar-14 10:28:36

Oops, Aka, easily done!

Funnygran Fri 21-Mar-14 20:38:59

We've experienced the same with our first grandson, now 8. He used to come in from school on the day we look after him and his younger sister and brother and was always full of chatter. Since going into the juniors he either heads straight to the computer to play football related quizzes and games or into the garden to kick a ball about. If I haven't seen him for a while he is always pleased to see me and that's the only time I get a hug! Was feeling a bit sad about it as he was very cuddly as a toddler but realise he's growing up and it's so long since my two sons were that age I suppose I've forgotten how they mature. Having said that, he recently turned down a two night trip away from home with Cubs saying he would miss his mum far too much!

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 21-Mar-14 20:57:56

It's a lovely age Funnygran. There's still that bit of "little boy-ness" there, even if they try not to show it. smile

glammanana Sat 22-Mar-14 08:56:11

I've had some extra hugs this week from DGSno.4 he is doing his college work experience at a garage near to where we live and decided to call in for his evening meal when he has finished his day,"I love your cooking nanna and your apple crumble is better than my mums and you make fresh custard" now if that is not a compliment I don't know what is,jings he can't fit on my knee unfortunatly as he is 6" 2" so would smother me.grin

annodomini Sat 22-Mar-14 09:36:58

Both GDs, 11 and 22 are still very cuddly and even the GSs will volunteer a hug. I will enjoy that while I can as they are all likely to grow up big and strong - I don't want to be crushed!

Nonnie Sat 22-Mar-14 10:07:56

My DSs still give me big hugs when we meet which unfortunately due to distance is not often enough. Little GSs mostly have to settle for talking to me on the phone which they love. The other day I said "I love you loads and loads and the 4 year old said "I love you thousands". That has to last me until I see them again but it is great that they are so keen to talk to me. DS has a picture of me on his phone for such occasions.