Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Grandson has found a clever way...

(8 Posts)
annodomini Mon 24-Mar-14 16:35:41

He definitely knows a soft touch when he sees one! My senior GD's half brother, as a very charming toddler, used to charge into my house, bear-hug me round the knees and declare, 'I NEED a biscuit!' He also knew a soft touch.

Aka Mon 24-Mar-14 16:34:00

Are you my daughter's MiL? It sounds like we share the same GS!

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 24-Mar-14 16:00:34

granjura he is eight.

I can quite see why this would be a necessity when there are Playmobile battles to be fought

janerowena Mon 24-Mar-14 13:35:51

He will go far.

Iam64 Mon 24-Mar-14 13:32:44

Great negotiation skills in that boy, he'll go far
Grannies are there to be exploited, but only when we want to be. grin

granjura Mon 24-Mar-14 11:04:43

the cleverest thing about it is that he knows

.... that you will fall for it LOL.

You CAN say NO ... and he won't try again wink or at least not so often.
How old is he btw?

Nonnie Mon 24-Mar-14 09:47:41

Clever chap, he will go far with these negotiation skills. A potential politician or perhaps barrister?

One of mine used to say "I need another biscuit" rather than I want and my friends fell for it every time!

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 24-Mar-14 09:38:27

...of putting in his requests for new "necessary" stuff. "If you could lend me half the price Granny, (thirty quid) I can pay the other half." Yeah right. hmm

His argument for needing this necessary piece of equipment (radio controlled robot which flings out discs) is "If I have this I will not need to buy a radio controlled tank, which would cost me (/you?) £99.99." Reasonable argument I guess. Nothing wrong with a bit of economy. Is there? confused

And my afternoon trip for Mothers' Day has now been arranged. A trip to Toys'r'us to buy said robot. Won't that be lovely. sunshinehmm

Am I doing him a disservice in wondering whether this is good finance on his part, or a cunning plan to get at the family purse - again!?