Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Update on Twins

(7 Posts)
Anya Tue 03-Feb-15 08:52:51

Great news ayse

ayse Tue 03-Feb-15 08:47:31

I'll be going to their house to mind as we only have a small flat and there isn't really room for two little ones and loads of stuff. Still, I have plenty of time to get to know them and learn what Mum and Dad expect of me. I might even take them to twins group if I mind them on the right day.
Thank you for your good wishes smile

whenim64 Mon 02-Feb-15 09:02:36

Great to hear your news, ayse. My daughter's MiL minds my twin grandaughters 3 days a week, having gone part-time until they start school. Such a safe pair of hands! She loves minding them and they are secure with her. On Fridays, I help out by taking one of them to Rhyme Time at the library (my other grandaughter doesn't enjoy it, so she goes to the park or will enjoy another activity). It's great fun caring for twins - knackering, too!

janeainsworth Mon 02-Feb-15 08:42:58

That's lovely Ayse. Thanks for the update
flowers

loopylou Mon 02-Feb-15 08:27:04

Lovely news ayse, good luck with child minding!

Jane10 Mon 02-Feb-15 07:56:31

Lovely to hear that and good luck looking after 2 active wee ones when your DD goes back to work. Keep us posted!

ayse Mon 02-Feb-15 07:44:14

My little twin granddaughters are growing well and Mum and Dad are doing a wonderful job. Mum is breast feeding and Dad does loads of helping and nappy changing. In fact, I've never seen a baby changed so fast.

I've been going to see my daughter to give her some support whenever she needs me. Last week she was talking to me about childcare when she goes back to work at the beginning of next year. I have offered to do 2 days per week, because I'd like to help out. She was just checking this was still OK and then went on to tell me about her other plans.

DD surprised me the other day - she gave me a great big hug and thanked me very much for all the help. She added she wanted me to feel I was well appreciated. I certainly do.

It's just amazing what a difference it makes to my self-esteem to be loved and wanted by my family even though we have worked our way through some very difficult times.