Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Grandma have you ever eaten............

(8 Posts)
Charleygirl Thu 12-Feb-15 14:40:08

This was not what they said but what they did. Many years ago I was taking two of my nephews, around 7 and 8 years old, to my home for a few days holiday. I brought an empty milk bottle for each because I knew that they would need to use the loo before we arrived home.

They nearly caused an accident on the M25 because they stood on the rear seat, fully exposed, peeing into their bottles and the fellow driving behind nearly caused an accident, as did I because my eyes were back and front, almost at the same time, trying to control the little devils. We arrived home safely but I do not know how.

gillybob Thu 12-Feb-15 13:41:39

You really do get a laugh at them don't you? My eldest DGD (almost 9) is turning into a proper little gossip. She just loves to pass on "a tasty bit of scandal" if she has any. I love it when they all pile out of school into the back of my car and they all desperately need to tell me something at the same time. Happy days. smile

annsixty Thu 12-Feb-15 12:30:41

Many many years ago my neighbour and I helped out with the local brownie pack.Both our daughters were in it and as it started at 6pm we sometimes had to take our young sons with us.
We were coming home one evening and the boys were playing with pieces of wood using them as swords and it was getting a bit out of hand.Suddenly the older girl shouted "just be careful with that John, you nearly had it up my vagina" My friend very nearly caused an accident, she actually swerved the car and it was the first we knew that the girls had had a sex education lesson at school.

harrigran Thu 12-Feb-15 12:29:52

I know when we are in for a tasty tit bit when GD says "do you know Grandma" grin

whenim64 Thu 12-Feb-15 12:09:27

Those back of the car conversations are so funny. I've often delivered my grandchildren back home, saying 'look, I didn't initiate this conversation but if he tells you we've been talking about......... (whatever).... HE STARTED IT, NOT ME!

Anya Thu 12-Feb-15 11:46:31

Love it Gilly

Jane10 Thu 12-Feb-15 10:50:55

Someone's been watching "I'm a Celebrity"! These were all dainty dishes put forward for the wannabes to sample

gillybob Thu 12-Feb-15 10:47:07

Travelling home from school yesterday with the 3 DGC in the back of the car DGD (just gone 7) out of the blue suddenly asked....

"Grandma, have you ever eaten a Crocodile Penis"? shock

"Eh no, I haven't" I replied

"well what about a Kangeroo's Penis?"

"Hmmm No"

"A Monkey's Penis?"

"No. I have never eaten anything's penis"

"Well what about a fishes eyeball then?"

grin