Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Help! I have a pipe cleaner stuck in my hair!

(13 Posts)
Elrel Wed 27-Jan-16 12:59:37

Or you could start a new Cold Callers thread.

Elrel Wed 27-Jan-16 12:58:31

If you put 'cold callers' into the Search box all sorts of info, as well as threads, comes up.

Elrel Wed 27-Jan-16 12:25:13

Biddy - there is a lengthy thread about cold callers and how to deal with them. I'll see whether I can find it unless anyone else knows where it is.

biddy73 Wed 27-Jan-16 12:21:55

Any ideas about cold callers on the phone , had to be in this morning my phone has rang 4 times and Mobil 1 .this really needs sorting . I was out of the country and kept getting them . Please help

minimo Wed 27-Jan-16 09:35:50

It's out! I did have to sacrifice a few strands of hair but not as much as I feared - had visions of a noticeable hole at the back! No 'hairdressing' for a few weeks while my hair (and nerves) recover. grin

ninathenana Wed 27-Jan-16 09:13:13

Oh dear, I hope the problem is now resolved.

DD got a hair brush tangled in her long hair when she was about 8. Instead of asking for help she decided to cut it out herself ! Resulting in her having to have about 12" cut off the length sad

Katek Wed 27-Jan-16 08:32:18

Have you managed to get the pipe cleaner out yet?

Nelliemoser Wed 27-Jan-16 00:24:43

My son in law owns up that when he was about six he cut off one of his sisters hair bunches whilst playing hair dressers.

I have vague memories of putting a comb in my hair and turning it about until it was totally tangled up and had to be cut out.

This was me in about 1949/50 you can imagine how easy hair like I had then was to tangle.

minimo Tue 26-Jan-16 21:36:30

@Elegran You're right about this sort of thing making good neighbours. But a) it's quite late. and b) I'm not sure they'd want to be rooting around in a stranger's hair! Have loosened a bit more but there is one bit that refuses to come loose. At least it's comfortable (?) enough now to sleep in so will try get some shut eye and see what DH can do with it in the morning. Probably make it worse!
I see a visit to the hairdresser (the real one this time!) might be on the cards.

loopylou Tue 26-Jan-16 20:37:14

Lots of conditioner on dry hair, fabric conditioner if you don't have any hair stuff?

<notes that pipe cleaners are not on dgs pressie list>

Elegran Tue 26-Jan-16 20:35:19

Lots of shampoo to make the hair slippery?

Tie a scarf round your head and go round to the neighbour who seems the most approachable (one with small children?). This is the kind of emergency that turns neighbours into friends.

Ana Tue 26-Jan-16 20:27:05

Wait for DH to return? Unless you have somewhere urgent to be...confused

minimo Tue 26-Jan-16 20:24:10

My dgd's favourite game at the moment is 'hairdressing'. Guess who gets to be the guinea pig customer having her hair done? Sometimes she uses utensils from her play kitchen to 'curl' or 'colour' my hair and today she had a few sparkly pipe cleaners which I absentmindedly did not notice she was twisting in my hair. shock By the time I realised (it hurt!) it was too late and the bloody things were well and truly tied up in my hair. I've got two of them out but the last one is so wound up I think the only option is scissors. DH is out and I don't know our neighbours well enough to go asking them to start fiddling with my hair. What do I do?!